10 Tips For Apartment Hunting

10 Struggles of Apartment Hunting As Told By John Mulaney

"i am very small, and I have no money, so you can imagine the kind of stress I'm under." - John Mulaney

403
Instagram

Apartment hunting is hard... and it only gets easier when you don't have to do it anymore. But honestly, it's a necessary evil for some of us.

1. When you call apartment complexes and they don't answer...

It's fine. It's not like it's 2 p.m. and you say you're open until 6 p.m. I'll just leave. Thanks anyways.

2. When you finally get through to someone, and they're helpful!

You wanna come see the place? Yes! Here is: our fee, what we have available, price range, and parking arrangements!

3. When you go on a walk through and it's nothing like it is online...

I have been lied to, and I don't like being lied to!

4. When you're trying to leave the complex and ask a resident for help...

Thanks.... guess we can cross "friendly neighbors" off the list of perks.

5. Trying to make polite small talk with the apartment guides...

Yeah... I have no idea what to say to you. You're our last choice right now.... but I'll be in touch!

6. When you finally turn in an application to a not completely horrible place!

It's basically a victory!

7. When you really like an apartment, but they don't like you...

It's... fine. Everything's fine. Not really, but it's fine.

8. When the apartment complex people high key judge you...

I'm not one of you... I know... I just need a place to sing into my hairbrush and walk around in sweatpants. Please stop judging me.

9. When your parents ask where you're moving to, and you don't know... Still.

I promise I'll let you know a month before we move... probably.

10. When the guide shows you a two bedroom apartment...

Really, they just want to have more of your money... but ya know... It's fine.

Apartment hunting is hard work... but sometimes it's nice to sit back and laugh at yourself and all the struggles you've gone through. And what better way to do that than with John Mulaney? He gets it... Probably.