10 Must See Movies In The Year Of 2018

10 Must See Movies In The Year Of 2018

Fantastic Beasts 2, Maze Runner, Avengers Infinity War? Oh my!
69

I always see videos on YouTube with movie critics giving their "worst movies of the year" or "best movies of the year" and it made me realize that there were a lot of movies in 2017 that I did not even hear about, let alone know about. Due to this, I did research on the movies that are coming out in 2018 and there are a few that definitely sparked my attention. Diving into the new year, these are ten of the most promising movies of 2018:

1. Maze Runner: Death Cure

Maze Runner: Death Cure has the release date of January 26, 2018. This is the third movie in the Maze Runner series and I have been a fan of the books as well as both the previous movies. The movie is directed by Wes Ball and includes cast members Dylan O'Brien, Katherine McNamara, Kaya Scodelario, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster. It has a PG-13 rating and you can read the plot summary here.

2. Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed has the release date of February 09, 2018. It is the final movie in the "Fifty Shades" trilogy and is directed by James Foley. While there are people that absolutely hate the books and movies, I actually think that E.L. James has a creative aspect. I did read all three books and I have seen both the previous movies and am planning to see this one as well. #NotAshamed. The movie has an R rating, and you can read the plot summary here.

3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit has the release date of February 09, 2018. This movie is directed by Will Gluck and includes actors Margot Robbie, Daisy Ridley, and James Corden. I actually had no idea this movie was coming out until I did the research for this article. The film is based on the stores of Peter Rabbit from the Tales of Peter Rabbit that were written by Beatrix Potter. While I already know this movie is not going to be one of the best for 2018, I think it is an anticipated movie because it is a different genre of movie. It has a PG rating, and you can read the plot summary here.

4. Black Panther

Black Panther has the release date of February 16, 2018. This movie is directed by Ryan Coogler and includes actors Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, and Lupita Nyong'o. Marvel is really outdoing it this year - in a good way. I have always loved Marvel movies so you already know that the Marvel movies are gonna be on this list. Plus, Black Panther was totally awesome with his preview in Captain America: Civil War. This movie is not rated and you can read the plot summary here.

5. A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time has the release date of March 09, 2018. This movie is directed by Ava DuVernay and includes actors Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Oprah Winfrey. I remember reading this book in middle school and absolutely loved it! So, now that a movie is coming out AND Disney is doing it, this movie automatically made my list. This movie has a PG rating, and you can read the plot summary here.

6. The New Mutants

The New Mutants has the release date of April 13, 2018. This movie is directed by Josh Boone and includes actors Anya Taylor-Joy, Happy Anderson, and Maisie Williams. This movie starts off a different X-Men saga and does not have a rating. I am one of those people that try to stay away from trailers, so I honestly have no idea what to expect from this movie, but that is the excitement of it! You can read the plot summary here.

7. Avengers Infinity War

Avengers: Infinity War has the release date of May 04, 2018. This movie is directed by the Russo Brothers, Anthony and Joe, and includes many actors including Chris Pratt, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, and Tom Hiddleston. This movie will tie in the recent movies within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I have been waiting years for this movie. All the Marvel movies have been leading up to this moment. This movie does not have a rating, and you can read the plot summary here.

8. Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2 has the release date of June 01, 2018. This movie is directed by David Leitch and includes the actors Ryan Renolds, Morena Baccarin, and Josh Brolin. I am really hoping that the director does not totally botch this movie. The first Deadpool movie was hilarious and flowed really well in my opinion. I would hate for the sequel to be the opposite. This movie does not have a rating but will probably be rated R. You can read the plot summary here.

9. Incredibles 2

Incredibles 2 has the release date of June 15, 2018. The first Incredibles movie came out in 2004, meaning it has taken Disney and Pixar 14 years to finally make this movie a reality. I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY ENTIRE LIFE FOR THIS MOVIE AND IT IS FINALLY HERE!! The movie is directed by Brad Bird and includes the actors Samuel L. Jackson, Holly Hunter, Craig T. Nelson, and John Ratzenberger. This movie does not have a rating, but taking into consideration the first movie was PG, it is more likely that Incredibles 2 will also have a PG rating. You can read the plot summary here.

10. Venom

Venom has the release date of October 05, 2018. This movie is directed by Ruben Fleischer and includes actors Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, and Riz Ahmed. The movie is not yet rated but predicted to be rated R as well as there is not a plot summary for the movie yet. However, any big Spiderman fan will know that Spiderman 3 did not do Venom justice, so this is hopefully going to be the movie Venom deserves.

There are also a few movies that I am sort of excited for but they are not ones I am most anticipating. Therefore, the following movies are honorable mentions: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 02, 2018); Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 16, 2018); Wreck-It Ralph 2 (November 21, 2018); Aquaman (December 21, 2018); and Bumblebee (December 21, 2018).