Anticipate Positivity

Anticipate Positivity

A lesson learned from writer's block.

153

As a writer, I understand what a "writer's block" is, however, I have never actually experienced one until now.

I journal every day to keep track of all the things both big and little that are going on in my life. It is where I vent, write down my goals, and reflect. When it comes to writing articles for other readers, I always strive to produce helpful and enjoyable content.

Just within the past couple of months, there have been various positive life events that have taken place and have been a cause for celebration! When sitting down to write, I found myself having a difficult time. I wasn't sure if it was because I was so busy with all of the celebrating, so I decided to take a little bit of time off from writing. This week, when I put some time on my calendar to write an article, I started to think about what I wanted to create and share with my followers. However, I kept coming up with blank ideas and I wasn't sure why.

If you are someone who meditates like me, you know that through deep meditation you can find answers to problems. While I was meditating yesterday, it dawned on me why I was having a hard time writing.

I was thinking about the common themes that carry through the majority of work. Most of them are about self-help, positivity, overcoming obstacles, self-perception, and goal setting.

When reading through past articles, I was reading them and thinking "Wow, I was really going through quite a bit" and while reflecting, I was. I was going through a breakup, overcoming family issues, learning how to be comfortable in my own skin, understanding what it is like to lose a loved one and navigating my way through college.

Now, as I reflect on the past couple months in my life, I am completely absorbed in gratitude. I have now graduated college, met a lovely guy, landed my dream job and have done quite a bit of traveling. I am nothing my overfilled with joy!

Now, back to my point about my writer's block...

The realization that I have come to is that it is so much easier for me to write about my triumphs than my successes! That in and of itself might just apply to me, but there is something larger to be taken from this.

Why do we focus more on the negatives in our lives than the positive? Why is it so much easier for us to vent about our problems than share all of the wonderful things going on?

Why are we not as inspired by the wonderful things in life, and why do we say things such as, "It's too good to be true?" It is almost like we are in denial when something positive happens! As human beings, we are so accustomed to accepting negative things rather than positives.

No matter who you are, you deserve to appreciate the good things that happen in life and expect them to happen! We can't sit around ignore all of the good things that happen to us and harp on the bad things. We can anticipate positivity in our lives just as easy as we can anticipate negativity.

After sharing this realization with you, I hope you will start to believe that good things can come into your life just as easy as bad things.

Life is too short to be focusing on the negatives, never mind thinking that when one bad thing happens, there are plenty more to happen. If a good thing happens, expect another good thing.

The power of positive thinking is strong.

After understanding that there is no need to only be sharing ways to overcome things, I will soon start sharing more content that speaks to enjoying the good things in our life and being grateful for them.

There is enough negativity in the world as it is. Now is the time to start focusing on the positives.