The Anti-Relationship Type

The Anti-Relationship Type

2873
The Anti-Relationship Type

Today I discovered something. Something that caught me by surprise. Almost everyone I know that isn't in a relationship is anti-relationship. Now I'm sure there are exceptions to this. Because I know those girls, the ones that only want relationships… they almost can't function without one. I'm not like that. I hate relationships, but that doesn't mean I don't want one. I crave the attention, love, and friendship that comes with finding someone who makes your heart skip a beat. But at the same time, I get bored. I am constantly thinking the grass is greener on the other side. That there is something more out there. Something that I'm missing. But what is it?

People who are anti-relationship usually fall under three categories.

1. The “I'm above it all" category -- The people in this category usually think they are too good for a relationship. They have no cares and think they are better off alone. They are above the rest of us. They pretend nothing phases them. (And it might) but more than likely, it does. I can't decide how I feel about these people. What really puts you above the rest of us? We all know you are just a giant hopeless romantic, but it's okay. We will pretend we don't know it. For your sake.

2. The “I've been hurt before" category -- These people are my favorite. They are anti-relationship because someone somewhere messed with their heart. I wish I felt bad for these people, but I don't. We have all been there. But sometimes people just get stuck there. They 're rolling around with self pity. I understand you're hurt. It happens to everyone. Sometimes you just have jump off that ledge that you're hiding on. There could be something incredible at the bottom. Life if is about learning and finding yourself. And maybe finding someone else in the process. Being scared of being hurt isn't going to solve the hurt.

3. There are the people who say they “just don't want one." --- Sometimes I feel like this is the category I fit into the best. I just don't see myself making someone that happy that they would want to spend that much time with me. Now, it may seem like self-loathing, but it's not. It's more of a maybe I'm not ready. So I say I don't want one. I say that I'm independent. I say that I love to be by myself. I love to have my bed to myself.

So I sit here and say that I'm anti-relationship. That I'm fine by myself. Is it true, I'm not sure. But I have my whole life to find out.