An Open Letter To My "Person"

An Open Letter To My "Person"

... or in this case, "people."

2986
An Open Letter To My "Person"

To "My person,”

According to "Grey’s Anatomy," your “person” is the other half of you. They’re more than a best friend, and they’re always there for you. It’s very rare to find someone that understands you and accepts you for all that you are, so when you find your "person," cherish them forever and never let them walk out of your life.

There is no one else I’d rather spend my days with. Who needs a boyfriend when you have a best friend? A boyfriend won’t cry with you over throwback Avril Lavigne songs. A boyfriend won’t watch you eat a carton of ice cream without judging you. A boyfriend won’t let you share bras and have backup tampons when you need them. That’s what best friends are for. That’s what your "person" is for.

My "person" is not only the other half of me, but the better half of me. I can turn to them for absolutely everything that happens in my life. Through every tiny event, or any huge milestone, they’re always right by my side. And when they can’t be there, I wish they were, because nothing feels complete without them. And I think the icing on the cake of what really makes our friendship so strong is our different taste in men, but the same taste in alcohol (although some of us can hold that liquor down while some of us can’t).

I wish I could say thank you, but I don’t know how. Saying “thank you” wouldn’t even begin to convey how I feel, and how appreciative I am towards my "person." There are not enough words in the dictionary to string together that can even portray my gratitude.

In a world of so much bad and ugly, my "person" has given me so much love and respect, and I feel like they are a reward from the universe. We’re more than best friends or sisters. We’re basically soul-mates. I am who I am because of my "person.”

Finding your "person" and having that lasting friendship is, indeed, a blessing. Good friends are great pillars of life because they help us stand strong. Friendship can make or break us, and it could lead to outstanding things. It doesn’t matter how often you physically spend time with your "person," but it’s how much you care and feel for one another in good times, as well as in bad times. They’re a great asset in life, and I’m lucky enough to have not only one "person," but two people. Two best friends, two therapists, two supporters, and two partners in crime.

I promise to never leave your life. No matter what happens, “You’re still my person, even if I’m not yours.” – Meredith Grey

Sincerely,

Your “person”