An Open Letter To My Angel

An Open Letter To My Angel

Not a day goes by I don't think of you.

36
An Open Letter To My Angel
facebook.com

To the grandparent who left,

It may have been for the better. It may have been your time but it still feels like it was too soon. After years of you being gone, it feels like I will still walk inside & see you in your chair.

I can't grasp the fact that my world has changed. There are so many things I have left to say & had no way to say them.

I am sorry for all the pain you had to experience. The sleepless nights. The uncomfortable feeling. The pain in your chest. It was the hardest thing I had to watch. I wanted to take your pain away. I would take the pain over you.

I am sorry for taking you for granted. I knew one day you would pass & down the road it would hurt but I never actually thought the time would hit. For some odd reason, I believed you were going to live forever.

Although I can apologize for not being the best granddaughter.

I want to thank you for being the best grandparent.

Thank you.

Thank you for ALWAYS being there for your grandchildren. If it wasn't my soccer game, it was my brother's baseball game or looking of my sister's art. You never let anything stop you from being your grandchildren's number 1 fan.

Thank you for always taking time to visit us. When I was younger I thought it was silly you would play barbies or teacher with me. Looking back, I would take all those times back just to see you again. You invested so much time for us.

Thank you for trusting me enough to take care of you. I know you were getting sick & couldn't take care of yourself. It was not only hard on you but everyone else. I was so young that I felt like I couldn't nearly help you as much as someone else could.

Thank you for caring about how well I did in school. I would always get asked the same question, "what did you learn today?" Well, I never actually knew what I learned. After 11 years of getting the same question asked, it shows you cared. You cared enough for 9 years to listen to my horrible violin playing. You pushed me to keep trying with it.

I still love & miss you more & more every day. I still cherish & hold on to every memory we have had since I was a little girl. I nearly could not have become who I am without you. I cannot explain the appreciation I have for you as a person & grandparent. I will always be grateful or your dedication & love for us.

You will always be a part of me.

Your angel on Earth.