9 Things That Should Bother Everyone, But Apparently Don't

If the trash can is full, take the trash out.

281
Madison Smith

Living at college and at home has taught me a lot about myself and other people. The biggest things that I have learned are the things that annoy me and are "wrong" in my book but are completely normal for other people. Here are nine things that are annoying to me but not everyone else.

1. Not replacing the toilet paper

I hate going to the bathroom only to find out that the person who used it last did not replace the toilet paper. This apparently doesn't bother a lot of people considering they never replace it the whole entire year. Just please be courteous and put the new roll, which is right under the sink, onto the toilet paper holder!

2. Chewing with your mouth open

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot stand hearing people chew their food. It is so disgusting, and I don't know how other people don't get annoyed by it. It irks me to no end and makes me want to scream. Chewing with your mouth closed really isn't that hard so just try it.

3. Not closing the shower curtain

Leaving a shower curtain wide open is plain obnoxious. If you leave it open, there will be mold and mildew that builds up in the shower liner and that is not fun at all. It takes one second to close it after you shower so just do it!

4. Leaving laundry in the washer or dryer

If you are doing laundry, do not leave your stuff in there for extended periods of time. Other people need to do their laundry too, so just be courteous. I hated when I lived in dorms and needed to wash my clothes just to find that all of the washing machines are full and the clothes have just been sitting there for hours untouched.

5. Not taking the trash out

If the trash can is full, take the trash out. Do not just shove other stuff into the trash can if there is no room. I hate it even more when stuff just starts piling up next to the trash can.

6. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink when there is a dishwasher

If there is a dishwasher, there really is no excuse to leave tons of dishes in the sink for days. It takes a minute to put them in there. I don't know how a whole pile of dishes doesn't bother other people.

7. Keeping empty boxes or containers and not throwing them away

When it is empty, throw it away. Why do people want to keep empty granola bar boxes and empty shampoo bottles? It makes no sense! How does this build-up of useless containers not become annoying?

8. Not throwing out old food

One of the worst things is opening up a refrigerator to find molded food and stuff that has spilt everywhere. When stuff expires, just throw it away. Don't keep stuff that is molded and has been sitting there for three months.

9. Having a full lecture hall with plenty of open seats and sitting right next to me

When there are tons of open seats, please do not sit right next to me. I need my space to be able to breathe and do my work. The seats are small and uncomfortable in lecture halls, so it makes it more annoying when people are piled right on top of me. It is even worse when a person starts looking at my notes because they aren't paying attention or when they pull out a new stick of gum and chew like a cow right into my ear. If there are other seats open and I don't really know you, please just pick another seat so we aren't breathing down each others necks in the small seats.

I understand that people are different, but I don't understand how these nine things don't bother people. I understand that I have OCD so I have a specific way of doing things, but I think that some of these things are just common sense.