I went around and asked college students what were the most annoying things that happen to them on a daily basis while on campus. And every person I asked just about whipped out a scroll of grievances they have with their fellow peers, they had their answers locked and loaded about all their run-ins with other students. I had to cut the list down to 10 because who is going to read 124 points? I believe there is a college etiquette that needs to be taught and learned by the students, it's a shame there isn't a course offered on basic human manners, but here's a crash course in the meantime below.
These are all based on real-life experiences, so please if you find yourself being one of these people, please take this shade and sass I am throwing at you because I care and I want you to grow to be a less annoying college kid. Look at this as a sassy self-help guide, and I guarantee success in all your future endeavors.
You're welcome. xoxo
1. Why do you have to ask the question the professor just answered, all I want to do is yell at Chad in the back row that if he would've taken out his air-pods he would've heard the answer the first time
2. When it's silent in your lecture hall and someone drops their hydroflask, so the explosion of sound gives you heart palpitations but ah, then you hear the bottle roll, and roll, and roll to the front of the lecture hall
3. Why does your group of friends need to make a blockade of the sidewalk when people are trying to walk by, are we playing red rover? Cause I'm about to come on over
4. Current time: 12:44 pm. Class ends at 12:45 pm. Susan raises her hand, "I have a question that should probably only take about 16 minutes, and it has 4 different parts to it -- should be no problem though right?"
5. There are so many open seats why choose the one right next to me that are connected to each other. And naturally, you start tapping your foot as fast as possible so my chair and desk shake. And now I'm just trying to take notes while a 7.5 earthquake is going on
6. For sure bring your Chinese food into the lecture that's right before lunch, we're all starving Brenda, so pony up an eggroll or gtfo
7. Don't sit in the middle of the row when you get up 6 times during the lecture thus making me have to grab all my belongings like there's a fire and curl up into my "drop and roll position" so you can shimmy by
8. When Nancy is in the rush of her life and needs to get past you or everything as you know will come crumbling down. Then she walks right alongside and perfectly in sync with you for a good 30 seconds. Then she finally pulls out in front of you, JUST to get stopped at the same no walk signal
9. Are you Bambi, because you truly don't know how to properly walk, no need to sway back and forth disabling me from being able to walk past you
10. Don't approach me and try to make eye contact when I have headphones in that aren't playing any music while staring blankly at my Iphone's home screen, just so I don't have to take one of your flyers