ANMLY Cafe Is Bellingham, WA's New Starbucks But Better
Restaurants

Looking for a sustainable cafe for your next brunch? Check out ANMLY Cafe in downtown Bellingham!

183
Emma Bjornsrud

Bellingham, WA is the place to go for window shopping and waterfront views. The downtown area is not lacking in cute shops and local businesses, but one of its latest additions is my favorite by far!

It's called ANMLY Cafe — a play on the word anomaly, or "something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected." The name is fitting, as I've never seen a cafe quite like it! The founders have made strides towards being a zero-waste business. They've ditched single-use items, selling to-go drinks in reusable glass jars, take-out orders in reusable boxes, and even offering real pieces of straw for straws! The cafe is also part of a food recovery program, which reduces food waste and distributes food to people in need.

And now for the reviews! The storefront is well decorated and totally photo-worthy, so it's the perfect place to capture that #foodselfie for your Instagram story. (Just don't forget to tag @anmlycafe!) The space is small, but you can't deny that it's a homey, inviting space for brunch. The menu isn't extensive, but it's totally unique and chock-full of delicious, global foods and beverages.

The food comes out quickly, looking just like a dish at a five-star restaurant. And it tastes amazing! There are plenty of options for bowls and burritos, and lots of add-ons to make the experience a personal one. Plus, the menu changes and evolves frequently, so there's a solid excuse for a weekly visit! ANMLY has great coffee, cold drinks, teas, and smoothies to grab and go, and the best part is that they're served in adorable reusable jars.

ANMLY on Instagram: “Iced Matcha to go anyone? All of our to go drinks come in a reusable glass jar with a lid so you can throw it in your bag, take it for the…”

"I think that our approach to business and our approach to food and our approach to sustainability are different from what other people are doing," says the owner, Emile Diffley, in the ANMLY Vimeo. And it's true! The genuine concern for environmental practices and the modern, welcoming atmosphere places this cafe above the rest. You can't find a healthy meal in a sustainable cafe just anywhere, but Bellingham is lucky to have its own! Visit ANMLY or seek out businesses practicing sustainability in your area. Chances are they'll become your new favorite spots!

ANMLY is open Tuesday through Friday from 8-3 and Saturday from 9-2. For more information, check out the website.