Anita Sarkeesian

Anita Sarkeesian Is The Feminist That Even You, SJW, Will Hate

Surprisingly, feminists, anti-feminists, SJWs, and anti-SJWs can get behind their unanimous hatred and lack of support for the GamerGate feminist, Anita Sarkeesian.

276
Anita Sarkeesian

There's a saying that many people go by that says "the enemy of your enemy is your friend." In this case, the first enemy is a feminist (in the case of an anti-SJW) and the second enemy is known feminazi, Anita Sarkeesian. Anita is known for her show on Youtube called "Feminist Frequency" where she over-analyzes video games, media, and any kind of entertainment and inevitably finds sexist, patriarchal tropes in all of them.

She's been called out by feminists and anti-feminists alike for her nit-picky and exaggerative nature. In her eyes, everything is sexist and all men are evil, and video games and the media are just another portrayal of that. I don't want to say too much about her, because like all human beings, I am obviously biased. I will link her YouTube channel if you want to discover the wonders of her show on your own and make your own conclusions about her character.

Something that many people have pointed out that Anita does on every single one of her videos is that she ALWAYS (and I mean always) turns off the like/dislike ratio and the comments section of her videos. Apparently, the only opinion she really wants to hear is her own. Furthermore, she's also known by the way she handles differing opinions and critiques of her work, labeling them all as sexual harassment. So amazing of Anita to label all different opinions and perspectives as sexual harassment because she's a woman, while at the same time overlooking and minimizing actual sexual harassment towards women by their abusers!

But nothing beats her in real life. Anita is constantly invited to VidCon (a convention for YouTubers, Vloggers, and social media influencers to meet their fans in a safe place) to speak at panels discussing feminist issues.

On one of her panels, a YouTuber that had made several videos about Anita decided to sit in the front row and listen to her panel, and maybe ask a few questions. His name is Sargon of Akkad, and all of his videos scrutinize and critique Anita's narrow worldview. He has never encouraged people to send harassment Anita's way and has even encouraged the idea that if his fans see anyone cyberbullying Anita, they should report it because it's not right.

Even the owners of VidCon, John and Hank Green, described Sargon as "intimidating," however, he was simply quietly sitting in the front row and listening to the panel. It was actually Anita who aggressively called him a "shithead" and provoked him from her raised position. Sargon merely responded to her provocation, asking if the two could just have a conversation. But no, later on, several articles claimed that Sargon was harassing Anita at the panel. Who's privileged now?

Furthermore, on another panel that she participated in at VidCon, Anita told the crowd that they should leave this panel feeling angry, and filled with hatred and revenge. Not a very nice sentiment, I might add. Boogie2988, another YouTuber on the panel and the sweetest man ever, responded to Anita by saying that he thought that maybe the crowd should leave this panel finding something positive in the world, instead of invoking hatred, resentment, and anger.

After his statement, the crowd cheered and clapped. Anita, however, did not look very happy. After the panel, Anita approached Boogie and verbally assaulted him, yelling at him for embarrassing her and saying something like that knowing she wouldn't be able to reply. Boogie was very shaken and did not want to upset anyone at the event.

I'll link all the videos and articles detailing exactly what happened so that you don't have to go off what I'm saying and can come to your own conclusions based off of the evidence. For someone who constantly goes after people for being sexist or problematic in some way, she doesn't take criticism very well. If you're going to stand on a big platform like YouTube and make bold claims about our society, you have to expect some form of backlash, and if your reaction to that is to block everyone, yell at men who dare disagree, and insult your opponents, that says more about you than it does them.

Several feminists have come out in their dislike for Anita as well, which shows that despite the fact that anti-feminists and feminists seem to be worlds apart on different platforms, their united dislike for a disillusioned feminazi shows that they're not so different after all.