The Top 10 Animal Crossing Villagers

The Top 10 Animal Crossing Villagers

If you play Animal Crossings, you know there are a LOT of villagers you can come across. This is the top 10 list of villagers based on three different categories.

140
The Top 10 Animal Crossing Villagers
nintendo.com

For this list, we will be counting down our top 10 picks for the best villagers in the hit Nintendo game Animal Crossing New Horizons. There are approximately 391 villagers available at random throughout the game, some players are lucky and will get good ones... others, not so lucky. We will be considering overall cuteness, style, and personality....may the best villager win.

Number 10: Bea the Beagle

Starting at Number 10: Bea the Beaglehttps://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Bea

Starting us off is Bea the Beagle, she has a "normal" personality and doesn't ever seem too excited or upset about anything. When she comes to your island she will usually be wearing a striped dress (pictured above) or a very colorful orange and blue style T-shirt. She will constantly wander your island hoping to find you and interest you in some activities, as would any dog. We are starting Bea off at 10 because she is extremely mellow and not very exciting to talk to, but come on, who could say no to a face as cute as that?

Number 9: Cheri the Pink Bear Cub

Cheri; pink bear cub, pictured abovehttps://nookipedia.com/wiki/Cheri

Up next we have Cheri, she is a pink (cherry) colored bear cub who never seems to stop talking. She has a ton of energy stored up in that tiny body and will constantly follow you around the island wanting to start a conversation. When asking another villager about her they will usually respond, "she is...peppy." She is also a very big fashionista, judging by the lime green dress she created herself. This also means she will attempt to create your clothes, or accept any "donations" you give to her. We are putting Cheri at number 9 because although her clothes are always rockin', she can be extremely annoying and you will find yourself running away from her a lot.

Number 8: Claude the Brown Rabbit

Claude; brown rabbit, pictured above.https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-horizons/Claude

Our next runner up is Claude, he is a small brown rabbit who is the complete opposite of Cheri (Number 9). Claude is extremely lazy and will often ask the player to do simple tasks for him. He can usually be found in his home laying in bed or listening to his music. Claude does not talk much and will tend to be more distant to the other villagers. He does, however, have a decent fashion sense, we see you matching your ears to your shirt Claude, and that's why we are putting you at Number 8.

Number 7: Ellie the Elephant

is anyone actually reading these? nintendo.com

At Number 7, we have the adorable Ellie. This nature-loving elephant is one of the most down to earth (pun intended) villagers you can get on your island. She can be found watering flowers and plants as well as gardening all over the island. Ellie is incredibly soft-spoken and will apologize profusely if she feels she has bothered you, ADORABLE. She loves talking to the player about nature and can almost always be found wearing a puffy red sweater, the same color as her favorite flower on the island. Although, if given a nature-related outfit, she will become incredibly happy and excited and will thank you every time you see her.

Number 6: Ketchup the Duck

delicious ketchup, who names these guys?https://www.siliconera.com/wooing-animal-crossing-amiibo-villagers-is-both-frustrating-and-rewarding/

Our Number 6 pick is Ketchup, yes you read that right. Ketchup. She is a tiny red duck with what seems to be a leaf growing out of her head. She is very energetic and will constantly ask the player if they want to "play" with her, mostly simple tasks like hide-and-seek or tag. She is extremely adorable and will use that to her advantage, making her eyes big when asking the player for something or purposely doing cute things around the island, like playing in the dirt. She can mostly be found wearing a white plastic bag looking dress, which she rarely changes out of, and when walking around makes tiny crinkling noises.

Number 5: Maple the Bear

nintendo.com

Number 5 on our list is Maple, a friendly bear with a big heart. If you haven't already figured out, another big nature lover as well. Maple can be found planting trees around the island or studying about different plant species. She is one of the smartest villagers you can get in the game. Her cheeks will always be red when talking to the player and will constantly ask which ways the player is helping preserve the environment.

Number 4: Olaf the Anteater

https://gamerant.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-villagers-anteater-who/

Coming close to the end of our list, we have Olaf, a very flamboyant Anteater who has a taste of fashion. Olaf usually struts around the island like a king, asking other villagers if they like his outfits or if they want to buy clothes from him. His outfits periodically change throughout the process of the game, and so does his personality. If treated well he can become a very valuable friend, but if not, he will up and leave the island. Olaf is incredibly cute running around in his little outfits which is why he is our number 4.

Number 3: Peanut the Pink Squirrel

https://villagerdb.com/villager/peanut

Peanut is our number 3 pick as she is one of the cutest villagers you can get in the game. This tiny pink squirrel is incredibly sweet and will most likely give the player presents when pleased. She is always running around the island looking for something to do, or someone to help. One thing to take note of is that she also wears the same outfit as Bea (Number 10). This is because when they are spawned on the same island, besides popular belief, the squirrel and the dog become great friends and will hangout for the majority of their time during the game. What a sweetheart!

Number 2: Roald the Penguin

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020/02/250-high-resolution-animal-crossing-new-horizons-villager-special-character-renders/

In what fashion sense he lacks, Roald makes up in extreme adorableness. This blue fuzzy penguin waddles around your island constantly looking for ways to lose weight. He will pretend to workout and only when stepping out of frame, he will take a nap or take a break. He is one of the funniest villagers you can have in the game and is extremely kind to the player. Maybe one day he will lose that extra couple pounds, but for right now he prefers to nap in the sun.

Number 1: Tangy the Orange Cat

Varro icons and wallpapers

Finally, our number 1 Top Animal Crossing character is.....Tangy! This Orange cat is arguably the best villager you can get in the game. She can be found singing or humming around the island, which can lead to all your villagers joining in for a choir sesh! She is sweet, kind, and is always looking for a way to bring a smile to the player and villagers' faces. Tangy will also dress up in order to make people laugh or will wear anything you give her and will constantly thank you. Tangy is definitely our favorite Animal Crossing character.