Animal Crossing: NH Is The Best Video Game

...and you can't change my mind.

7
Personal Photo

Long time no see Odyssey peeps! Before I continue, I thought I should address a few things. Please wear a mask and black lives DO matter. I am aware of everything going on and acknowledge the suffering that is taking place across America. While 2020 has been showing people's true colors, I have been escaping to my own island getaway. Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been a great outlet for me lately. It gets my creative juices flowing, I get to socialize with other players, and I get to pay off loans to a digital Tanuki. Keep reading for more information on a "tropical island getaway package!"

New Horizons could have not come at a better time. With its release date being March 20 and stay at home orders being placed in early March, everything seemed to fall into place for the Animal Crossing community. Players embark on a journey to their own island. From there, they become fully responsible for (almost) everything that happens on their island. Islanders move in and move out, NPC's (non-playable-characters) visit, and other players are allowed to visit your island too. The only "goal" for you to reach is a three star island rating. From there, you have (almost) total control of how you want to make your island look like your own.

With all of the time that quarantine has given us, New Horizons players have been able to enjoy their islands to their full extent. I have been loving all of the content that I've seen on Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter, and Reddit. It is nice to be able to have a community that inspires you to challenge yourself creatively, but still supports you. I believe that is something that a lot of us cling to because of our current situation. We don't have as much control over our lives as we did before the pandemic, but Animal Crossing: New Horizons has given players a sense of control.

As for my island, it is coming along slowly. I only work on small sections of my island at a time. For example, I've been working on my residential area for almost two weeks and very little progress has been made. I also try to interact with all of my islanders (no matter how much I like or dislike them.) As of right now, Hornsby and Melba have become my two favorites. Flora, Skye, and Beau are also really great too! I refuse to time travel and spend only one to two hours playing a day. It's nice to play at my own pace, but I also want to reach a five star island eventually.

Lastly, for all of my New Horizons players, Raymond is overhyped and Tom Nook is under appreciated. ALL villagers are beautiful and give Al the respect he so rightfully deserves! Please remember to take your time on your island! It's okay if terraforming is tough at first! You will get the hang of it! Nothing is permanent! As long as you enjoy your island aesthetic, Isabelle can not tell you otherwise! I hope that you are enjoy your "new horizon!"