Angels Don't Ask Permission

Angels Don't Ask Permission

Angels are people of immense courage.
333

Have you ever met someone who was an angel on Earth? It doesn't matter if you're religious; we've all met people like that. Good people, kind people.

Think of this person. What qualities make them stand out? What makes them so angelic? Do they seem to know just the right words to say at the right time? Are they always there when someone needs them?

Here's one thing I've noticed about the angels in my life.

Angels don't ask permission.

Angels don't ask if they can be angels, they just are.

They DO.

People do not have to be perfect to be angels, but they do have to be willing. Willing to act on good thoughts, and willing to shut out the bad.

Angels are not afraid to do what's right. Even when it is unpopular, hard, or inconvenient.

Angels trust themselves. They trust themselves to do what is right. They have a divine confidence. Not cockiness, but confidence.

Angels think of others before themselves. They care and feel for others deeply.

Angels constantly are trying to become better. Not in an "I'm never good enough," way, but rather in a "how can I make the world better?" way. Angels realize that small things start with them.

Angels are not afraid to act.

Angels realize their worth.

Let me give you an example from my own life.

One day, when I was depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts, I came home from school and cried to my Dad. We talked for a few minutes, and then there was a knock on the door. I asked my Dad not to let anyone see me; I was embarrassed by my red eyes.

My Dad popped his head into the room I was in and said, "It's for you." I shook my head, I didn't want to see anyone. But my Dad took my hand and brought me to the door. It was a wonderful lady from our community with her beautiful daughter. I admired this woman and her daughter very much.

She gave me a hug and handed me a tin pan of food. She then looked at me dead in the eyes and said, "You were on my mind today."

If those two angels hadn't come to my door that day, I might have done something I couldn't have come back from.

They didn't ask beforehand if they could do that, they just did. They simply had the thought and acted on it. They were my angels that day.

The world needs more people willing to act and to do what is right. Angels cause miracles. They may not seem to change the world all at once, but they do change people. And people change the world.

Angels are people of immense courage.

Angels don't ask permission.