Poetry On Odyssey: And She Fell In Love Again

She knew him for nine years and 18 days // Made plans for their future, apart now, no ways

40

It's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashback that follows. More often, it's not a simple choice, yet instead, it encourages cutting a few ties and proceeding onward. Thus, a few people get to a place of apathy where leaving the relationship is the most suitable alternative. In fact, the process of falling in love is equivalent to the speed of light, unreachable. You would never know when you fell in love with someone or something. However, falling out of love seems to be impossible or implausible because the heart wants what it wants.

Things change, and people change, but "real" feelings never change. And sometimes it really sucks. Indeed, the change is the ultimate law of the universe, but undoing that change isn't a violation of any laws. Here, miscommunication is the crucial factor. Either a miscommunication between people or vital living organs such as a heart and brain. More often, the heart and the mind want very different things. This poem expresses a young woman's feelings about being trapped in a similar situation.

And She Fell In Love Again

She knew him for nine years and 18 days

Made plans for their future, apart now, no ways

Small talks and long walks, heading toward separate paths

Youngblood and the lack of mindfulness

Being in love with a crushed heart, she was speechless

Disgraceful, traumatic, and disturbing it got

Miscommunication of the heart and mind drown their boat

Broke inside yet with a slight smile and natural eyes,

She said, maybe he wasn't meant for her

Compassion, attachment, and regrets were easy to see

It's not the goodbye that wounds,

Yet the flashback that follows; invincibly

She should have stopped being miserable, and she did

Every day, pretended to be moved on, but did she?

Spring after Winter and Fall after Summer

On Friday morning, after two years; she saw him

Same wavy ash brown hair; shiny blue aviator,

Hiding his mahogany brown eyes, she described

He tried to talk to her, but she couldn't

She couldn't describe the retrouvailles

Delighted but wounded, tears in her eyes

On his knees, he begged her for mercy,

For acting impulsively, for breaking her heart;

And, leaving her alone

He missed her, and he really did

Unshaking, but abruptly, she broke

A drop of tear fell from her left eye

She hugged him so tight, like

Clouds that wrap around the moon

Her heart was beating faster as he grabbed her hand

Her love grew stronger as he touched her soul

When he asked: Will you be mine, forever and ever?

And she fell in love again...

In the train, we commute to work.

After the reunion, I saw her happier

Than she was ever before

She wasn't lost, just fell off the track

Thought her relationship was a mistake.