A Thank You Letter To My Best Friend

A Thank You Letter To My Best Friend

Thank you for everything.

671
A Thank You Letter To My Best Friend
Personal photo

Dear Best Friend,

Thank you. Our relationship is like no other. You’re my neighbor, personal driver, and most importantly, my best friend. Never in a million years did I think we were going to end up being best friends. From being friends in elementary and middle school, to barely seeing or talking to each other for two years, I’m so happy our friendship was rekindled. I don’t even know where to begin. Since I went away to school it has been so different. From not seeing you everyday, to not being able to call you up and ask you to go on a coffee date. I know we don’t see each other as much, but our bond is still stronger than ever. From our late night drives to absolutely nowhere and spontaneous trips to NYC, we have countless memories together.

I want to thank you for always listening to me and making me forget about all of my problems. You always answer my frantic texts and pick me up when I need to rant, You always know how to make me feel better and I cannot thank you enough for that.

I want to thank you for putting up with me when I’m in horrible moods. Even though you hate when I get in “those moods”, you deal with it and call me a few hours later like nothing ever happened. I know we bicker like a married old couple but thats what keeps our relationship going.

I want to thank you for the constant acts of kindness you do for me on a daily. If it’s buying me coffee or sending me a nice text message, it’s those things that brighten my day. You don't have to do those things, but you do them because you are so caring.

I want to thank you for always (for the most part) answering my calls. Even though I’m away at school and can’t see you everyday, you always answer your phone when I call. Whether I call you to tell you something stupid I did, or just call you to say “hi” you answer and listen.

Most importantly, I want to thank you for being my best friend. I really do not know where I would be without you. Like they say, "It’s ok if you don’t have too many friends. Just one good friend is all it takes to make life worth living”, and that is so true.

If I don’t say or show it enough to you, I just really want you to know how much I care about and appreciate you. You are my other half, and I hope we remain friends for a very long time. From selfies to parties and from heartbreak to loneliness, thanks for being there for me through it all. xoxo

Lots of Love,

Your Best Friend