An Open Letter to Tyler Wilkins

An Open Letter to Tyler Wilkins

I represent #WilkinsStrong as if it's a million dollar brand, because to me...it is.

129
An Open Letter to Tyler Wilkins
personal

Hey there baby boy,

Five months ago, as God was working on you, I wrote an article on how you were the strongest person that I knew. Still, to this day, I agree with that statement along with your family.

We've been friends for a very long time. So long that we can still talk about t-ball, going to school for thirteen years together, and chasing each other on the playground. We have seen each other at our weakest and strongest times and for God to give me a friendship like that, I am thankful.

You have never left my mind. No matter how much college work I had to get done, things that happened at work, or anything else on my plate, you were on my mind 100% of the time.

Five months ago, I prayed for a miracle. I prayed every hour on the hour for something to work, to make sure you were okay, to know that God has you in his arms, and more. I wrote in the last article, "When days get tough and we all think of something to say, I always think of the quote "We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles?" We cannot wait until God provides us with your miracle, but as for now we will all be praying until that happens!" ...but now look!! You are our miracle.

I watched you move your fingers and lift your leg and I cried because I was so thankful that God helped you do that..then I watched you walk towards me, with no help, to come hug me and I knew at that very moment that God spent a lot of time on you as I fought back tears.

I have our picture as my lock screen. No matter how bad I think my day could be, I always click on my lock screen because of you Tyler, you give me hope. You give me so much hope that in tough situations, I hold onto my #WilkinsStrong bracelet and then I suddenly feel calm and peaceful again. You'd laugh at me and the boys if anything bad were to happen because that's how we always made our way through life, was laughing.

Seeing the boys laugh, smile, and come over to me to talk about old memories with you makes me extremely happy. Even if it's talking about bobbing apples at Kris's birthday party when we were only 10 years old, laughing about memories in the classrooms of middle and high school, playing Cornhole in every gym class as we thought we were the bomb, and being there for each other through the craziest times.

You have grown into such a wonderful person and you have shaped your friends into people that have cherished life to the fullest. We are all so proud of you. Being proud of you is honestly an understatement when it comes to the strongest person I know.

Thank you for always being the epitome of strength. When I hear the word strong, I instantly think of you.

This summer, I cannot wait until I see you on the top of the hill with your dad in the middle of my fishing days just to say hey and catch up. I'll be waiting down at the Taylors for you buddy!

I'll always be here for you, so never forget that you are our miracle. I love you bunches, Ty!