Honestly, I'm Pretty Sure I Would Not Have Adjusted To College Without My Roommate

"What I love most about my home is whom I share it with." - Unknown

165
Nina Hebrank

Hey roomie,

When I imagined being in college, I imagined joining a great sorority, taking fun classes, studying abroad, making a big group of friends from places all over the world, and enjoying freedom for the first time.

I imaged college would feel natural to me. I never thought that I would have such a hard time adjusting to college life – I thought it would be simple.

It seemed that I was a little fish in a big pond. I was one student out of thousands. It was overwhelming and lonely sometimes. Sometimes I felt as if I were the only one I could count on until I met you. You kept me grounded.

I honestly don’t think I could’ve adjusted without you.

You were one of the most important pieces of my college experience, and I couldn’t thank you more for it. When I isolated myself and threw pity parties, you snapped me out of it. You forced me to go out and realize how important time is. You put a smile on my face from the minute I woke up to the minute my head hit the pillow. I don’t think anyone has made me laugh at Fergie harder than you have. You really did save my sanity.

We went through hell and back together.

You were there for my highest highs and my lowest lows and handled it all with such ease. You brought me out of my shell. I thank God every day for you and for placing us together in this small corner of this huge world. I truly feel as if I am the luckiest person in the world to call you one of my best friends.

You helped me realize my worth.

By your simple “Hey. How was class?” to you waiting for me to eat lunch every day, you have no idea how much the little things meant to me. I will always remember the funny little things like going to Walmart and buying matching onesies or rocking out to G-Eazy in the car at the loudest volume my speakers would allow. The memories I’ve made with you are the ones I always hoped for when I thought of what college would be like. I hoped to make at least one friendship I knew would last a lifetime, and now I know I have.

Your smile lights up the room. I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like you.

You have the most approachable personality of anyone I know. You make everyone feel welcome and warm. You made me feel more like family than a roommate.

So, I’d like to say thank you.

Thank you for changing college for me. Thank you for making our room feel like the home away from home. Thank you for becoming my family. I love you so much.

Love,

Ya roomie