An Open Letter to the Person I Can Always Count On

6166
Before It's News

My dear friend,

Life is not easy, but I’ve somehow managed to stumble through it with your help. Whenever I feel as though I have no one who will understand me, I know I can turn to you. You never judge me, you never belittle me, and you never turn me away. You’re there, you listen, and you support me. I honestly don’t know what I would do without your shoulder to cry on or your friendly face to laugh with.

I’ve shared some of my highest points with you, and you’ve stuck around when I was at some of my lowest points. I cannot begin to express how meaningful that is to me. You know my secrets, my fears, my dreams, and my goals, and I keep yours tucked away under lock and key. You can sense how I’m feeling and you never fail to help me through whatever’s going on.

Sometimes you suggest we watch a movie or make cookies when I’m feeling stressed out. Other times you simply offer to go to dinner with me so that I don’t have to be alone with my thoughts. And on severe occasions, you drop whatever you’re doing so we can sit around and complain about life. You’ve saved me from multiple breakdowns by replacing my negativity and melancholia with companionship and smiles.

The sight of you alone can lift my spirits when I’m having a particularly difficult time; talking to you can recharge my spirit. We aren’t always together, and sometimes we aren't even in close proximity one another, but I know that you’re only a text or a call away. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t feel thankful for having you in my life.

I’ve been through so much, and you’ve been right there with me when I needed someone to share it with. I don’t know how, but you’re one person that I feel no trace of negativity toward. I’ve never hated you, gotten mad at you, or let jealousy obscure how I really feel about you. I have only the purest feelings for you.

I feel as though you’ve helped to make me the person I am today. I’ve learned resilience from your encouragement and have come to terms with myself because of your faith in me. I cannot thank you enough for being a part of my journey and for allowing me to be a part of yours. I hope that I can be for you everything that you have been for me because that is the least that I could do to repay you for your unfaltering support.

You are truly an amazing person and these words I've written could never do you justice. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for you.

Much Love,

The Person Who Can Always Count On You