Dear Mr. Commitment-Phobe

Dear Mr. Commitment-Phobe

I do find something beautiful in pain, though. When someone’s heart breaks so does a piece of our world; this creates fissures, valleys, and even cracks in the pavement.

44
Dear Mr. Commitment-Phobe
unsplash.com

Dear Man Who Can’t Commit,

What are you doing? Trust me, I understand that you have commitment issues. But look at you, you have me eating out of the palm of your hands. I am giving you everything that I have, even though I know that you might not be able to commit to me. You have been hurt, and I understand that. But do you think that I am going stick around forever? Are you kidding me, yeah, I probably would if I had the chance. But you are keeping this from moving any further.

I appreciate you telling me when we first started hanging out that you had commitment issues, but it did not keep me from falling any harder. I hate that you are hurting because I know how wonderful of a man you are and how kind of a heart you have. But unfortunately, pain changes people. It changed you by making you close yourself off from being happy.

At first, I experienced feeling like I wasn’t good enough for you; I thought I had big shoes to fill because of your ex-girlfriend. I felt like I could give you everything that I had and it still would not be good enough. Then I realized that it wasn’t me.

You make me laugh, make me feel beautiful, and are such a caring person. The problem is you treat me like your girlfriend, but you are afraid of the word. You are there for me and it almost makes me laugh that the only thing holding us back is fear.

The fact that you can’t commit does not upset me one bit. Yes, I am a very impatient person, but I have told you a thousand times that I am not going anywhere. I can promise you that my intentions have not changed and I am sticking around if you will let me.

I will never be able to thank you enough for being so good to me. I never thought that I could experience the happiness that you have given me. I have always been told that I should think with my head and not my heart, but I can't shake these feelings. Yes, I am scared too. Scared that in the end, you will not want me.

I pray for you every day because I know the pain that you are going through. I know what it is like to be hurting due to someone else. I would not wish that type of pain onto to anyone else. I pray that things get better for you and that one day you would be able to commit to someone, even if it isn’t me. I hope that one day you can quit hurting. You are such a wonderful person.

With Love,

The Woman Who Can't Let Go