An Open Letter To The Guy I Worshipped

An Open Letter To The Guy I Worshipped

I am worth so much more than a boy that doesn't treat me right.

14
An Open Letter To The Guy I Worshipped
Innerbonding.com

Dear You,

When we met, you treated me right. You said all the right things, anything you thought I'd want to hear. You led me into your trap, which consumed me for months. You used me, and it wasn't until after the fact that I realized it. I can't even say I was infatuated with you because the truth is, "you" were never really there. I was infatuated with the thought of you, the "you" that you made me like so much, that everything around me was a blur.

Maybe your actions weren't intentional, but they sure as hell were hurtful. Who am I kidding? You had me wrapped around your finger, you knew what you were doing. You put me under a spell and I didn't even know it. I let you drag me through your games, yet I was still infatuated with you. I made excuses for why you did what you did, I tried to rationalize my thoughts. Was I being crazy? Was I overthinking things? You do what so many guys do, treat us right, and then suddenly you become a whole new person, once you get what you want. I have dealt with it many times, but mark my words this is the last time. You made me realize that I am worth so much more than late night "come over" texts and talking to me only when it's convenient for you.

I will no longer be walked all over. I will treat myself with respect, and always remind myself that I deserve so much better. I deserve someone that will truly care about me, enough to stick around, someone that doesn't have a hidden agenda.

One thing I will learn from this series of unfortunate events is that I am worth so much more than a boy that doesn't treat me right. The way things ended, only reflect on your character, not mine. I am truly grateful for your disrespectful actions and sh*tty personality, because I will come out of this situation a stronger person, while you will continue with your ways until hopefully one day you realize there is so much more to life. I will not be defined by my mistakes because I am a strong independent woman and I don't need no man. *Flips hair.*