an open letter to the girl who believes she'll be single forever
Life Stages

There is someone out there for you, I promise

509
https://www.pexels.com/photo/art-broken-explosion-...

I see you. Yes, you. The girl who sees the couples in the streets and thinks to herself, "Will that ever be me?" And I'm here to tell you a few important things. I know people probably tell you these things over and over again. But, please. Just listen closely, darling. Let my words flood into your heart and give it the nourishment it needs.

I know that you think that no boy likes you. I know that you feel like you will be 50 and living in an apartment with cats and no life. I also know that you feel like every single guy you've encountered has done something to prove to you that you will most definitely be single forever. Trust me, it is easy to fall into the mindset and believe that you will never find love. But, darling, I promise you with my whole heart that there is a boy out there for you that will prove you wrong. He will show you that guys can be kind, caring, and sweet. In addition, he will show you that you are worthy of his time and effort. He will show you that he wants you for your personality and that your looks are just an extra. He will love you. Not just widely, but deeply. He will make you laugh till you cry. Your heart will flutter when your around him. You will feel the fullness in your heart that you never realized was possible to feel before you met him.

I know how many guys you've went through liking. Sure, it stung when they liked another girl or didn't reciprocate your feelings you felt for them. Of course it especially stung when it kept happening over and over again. You began to think that it was a cycle and would just keep happening. I wish you knew that it will stop. I can't tell you if it will be tomorrow, 2 weeks from now, or months from now. But I can tell you that an amazing guy is going to walk into your life and change the game completely.

Stop being so hard on yourself. You are amazing, darling. You've got it all. A shining personality, a beautiful face, and a loving heart. Stop questioning yourself and wanting to change every little thing for a boy. The boys that like a typical "Barbie Doll" girl aren't the ones you want in your life. They aren't worth your time. A true man will like you for you. Your flaws and all.

Please keep this in mind: you aren't for everyone, and that's okay. Keep your eye out for the boys who will love you passionately, for those are your people.

I know it may be hard to see this, but you won't be single forever. It may seem like the end of the world now, but I promise you that there is much more to life than the perfect relationship. Please just have patience and wait things out. And once that perfect guy does come around and you guys are couples goals, please do me a favor. When you and your boy are out walking the streets and you see the lonely looking girl across the street from you eyeing you guys down, don't just keep walking. Stop for a second. And think. Think about how that was you just a little bit ago. Think how you felt. Pass this message along. No girl in the world will be single forever. There is a boy out there for you. I promise.

Until then, keep your head up, beautiful princess.

Xoxo