An Open Letter To The Friend Who Broke My Heart

To my bestfriend who broke my heart, my feelings towards you are very different than you would believe.

55
Rachelsimmons.com

This is the one that cuts pretty deep. I never pictured us like this.

Dear old friend,

I'm going to start off by saying truthfully I do miss you. I check up on your social media through others pages. Don't think because we are not friends anymore that I just don't care. The truth is, you completely broke my heart. This heartbreak was different... this was no death, breakup, loss of your pet, this was the betrayal of the girl I had so many plans for the future with. This heartbreak was the one from the girl I expected to be by my side on graduation, my wedding day, the birth of my children, and whatever else life will throw at me over the years. This heartbreak was from my bestfriend, the girl I would call to run errands with me, to sing throwback songs in the car with me, and to always run to Chick-Fila with. The pain you inflicted on me was one I have never felt. And oh how you have changed so much; I don't even know you anymore.

But hey, we all change as we grow... right?

I never imagined us ending up this way. Sometimes, I still want to pick up my phone and text you to see how you're doing. I trusted you with everything inside of me until it was broken, and I believe you did the same with me. With this being said... I do not hate you. I actually really miss you, but I know things could never be the same again.

I want to thank you.

Really I want to thank you for a lot of things.. Thank you for making Hannah Montana and Taylor Swift songs have such great laughs behind them. Thank you for always being down to ride around with me and run silly errands with me. Thank you for going places with me when my mom wouldn't let me go alone. Thank you for, at the time, being my best friend and my backbone. Thank you for always being my plus 1. Thanks for being my Buffalo Wild Wings and football game dates. Thanks for staying with me at the fair when I was too scared to ride some stuff with our other friends. Thank you for always supporting me and being there for me no matter what. Thank you for being my person.

Just know I cherish our memories.

Although our friendship is over, I can't erase our memories.So thank you for over 10 years of great memories. And if somehow you see this and realize it's about you, no matter how much you may dislike me, I will always be here if you need someone.