An Open Letter To The Dance Teacher Who Made Dance My First Love

I Miss You

26

My loving parents raised me, and I give them a ton of credit. But sometimes they couldn’t teach me things that you could. The studio was my second home, and you were my second family. I watched you build a successful studio from just a group of young competitors to another successful year of recreational dancers, competition dancers, and performance team dancers pulling together for an outstanding recital production. Giving up on dance in my teen years was hard but the memories will forever be cherished. But I missed you and the studio so much more than I could have ever guessed I would. You gave me freedom every afternoon following a rough night or a difficult day at school. I’ve missed the open space to just do what I feel like doing to work out my anxieties.The studio was like a safe zone. Now that you're no longer here, I sit and think about you all the time. I get most upset about was not being able to go to the studio and dance. Dance with you. I just want to take the time to thank you. I thank you for the confidence. I would not be who I am today without you. I thank for your support. I never doubted your belief in me through everything I was pursuing. I thank for your open arms. I thank you for you. Miss Janice, may you rest in peace. I hope you're up in heaven dancing like the ballerina I know you are.

Love you forever

xoxo

Des