An Open Letter To The Amazing Women Who Allowed Me To Take Care Of Their Children.

Thank you to all my amazing mothers

24
Bored Panda

Placing your children’s lives into another person’s hands I can imagine is such a risky nerve wrecking thing. Motherhood is such a unique amazing gift that women are privileged to receive.I believe motherhood is so beautiful the idea of having such an inseparable connection to a human being who is a part of you. Carrying that child for 9 months, watching it grow, knowing in your head this beautiful creature came from the inside of you. I can’t imagine what goes through a mother's head when she places the safety of her children in another person’s hands.

Today, I just wanted to express how thankful I am and why I am thankful to have had such amazing women that have come into my life and have trusted me to care for their young. You can’t imagine what effect these kids have had in my life.

First off, I come from a very large family. My grandmother has 12 children so there are probably around 32 or more grandchildren. I have been around children my entire life so I assumed this would be no big deal for me. Unfortunately, when I first started taking care of children I was very nervous. I was scared I would mess up somehow, some way, regardless of how cautious I was. I was very shy and for those past few hours of my first home visit,my heart raced with fear that the kids would not like me, I would not get them to bed on time, they would get into something, anything negative that could’ve happened crossed my mind entirely. The kids were very well behaved and quite frankly I had nothing to worry about. My conscious was getting to me. Each time I went to a women’s house since that day I decided I would sit in my car outside of the house and pray and I still do till this day. I pray for the safety of the children, for strength within myself, and for safe travels for the parents. Each time I have done this I have had absolutely no issues what so ever that I could not handle. Today I am known as silly sitter Sariya. I bring so much love and joy into these children’s lives and they have touched my life as well.

Allowing me to take care of their children has brought so much meaning into my life. I feel as if I was meant to become a part of the family as a mother’s helper. The stress I see mothers go through is beyond anything I know I would be able to handle at this age. Making sure each kid has their lunches, getting them off to school, taking them to their extra-curricular activities, preparing dinners, doing homework. The list goes on and on and I just can’t imagine the stress they go through on a daily basis. When I arrive I am a mother’s helper. I will cook, clean, and provide I don’t do this for the money; I do this because I genuinely care. Thank you for allowing me to help you provide for your family and lend a hand when in need. It makes me feel needed and proud to say that you can always rely on me.

The joy I receive in my heart when taking care of children is beyond anything anyone can fathom. My inner child comes out of me and makes me forget reality. We go on missions around the house saving princess peach; we go on adventures to the dinosaur islands, and we even sing let it go at the top of our lungs from the ice castle aka(the stairs). The imagination that children have is amazing and I love to be a part of it. I feel as though they keep me young and free spirited. There are some days that don’t go as planned, but when I see the smile on their faces it brightens my day. When I walk in and receive the hugs at the front door and the giggles from the tickles, it fills my heart with joy! I love it all from the crazy hair dues I receive to the boogers I wipe! Thank you for allowing me to care for your kids because in return I receive so much joy and peace.

Lastly, taking care of children prepares me for when I have my own. The good news is, at the end of the day I can give them back. I most certainly do want kids one day, but as of right now I do not!I am still young and in college. I feel as though providing for these little guys now prepares me for when I will have little ones of my own. I have worked on many of my weaknesses such as patience, prioritizing, cooking, and cleaning. Thank you guys for helping me prepare for when I have kids of my own. I see how smart, brave, caring, and patient these mothers are and I only hope to follow in their footsteps. I would have never known how to change a dirty diaper, how to lay a baby when asleep, how to make formula, and how to, in general, provide for a child’s every need. This is just a short list of things I truly did not know how to do until I started working with these mothers. I still have so much more to learn in these next few years as I prepare myself for the greatest gift of all.

In conclusion, I just can’t thank you all enough for showing me what it’s like to be a mother. You guys have made me feel like a part of your families. I can only hope that one day I will be as good of a mom as you ladies are. Thank you for supporting me and providing me with advice. Thank you for becoming a mentor and a friend to me. These past few years working with you all have been the most amazing times of my life and you can’t imagine what an impact you and your families have had on me. Even when I have my own kids I will always be a phone call away whenever in need. I write this now to my mom’s because you women are truly appreciated and don’t let anyone ever tell you otherwise. You all have been a blessing in my life and I look forward to learning, even more, things and being a helper by your side. I love you all to the moon and back.

Thank you,

Silly Sitter Sariya