An Open Letter To Syllabus Week

An Open Letter To Syllabus Week

May you always stay sylly.

15
An Open Letter To Syllabus Week

Syllabus week. Your name has brought endless tears of joy to many college students. There is no better time of year. Summer? Spring break? Halloweekend? Nothing quite compares. Even better? The most wonderful time of the year comes around twice each academic calendar. To be honest, I think we were made for each other.

The thought of one day not being able to celebrate you brings on genuine heartbreak. You have allowed me to enjoy my college years to the fullest with a start that is always full of surprises. While you may bring the start of dreaded classes, you make the idea of having schoolwork again less painful with shortened lectures and introductions rather than the vigorous workload that I know will soon be coming.

You have brought me together with all of the people I love most. You have helped me to reunited with those I haven't seen after a way too long summer or winter break. You have let me enjoy being young and not yet being a part of the "real world" to the fullest.

Thank you for letting me enjoy some of the last years of being naive and reckless and for making each transition into another year less painful. While our time spent together may be coming to an end, I know that the memories we make will become stories for me to tell for years to come.

Thank you for making the bad good and for making the good better. Here's to you syllabus week. May you always stay sylly.