An Open Letter To Someone Who Died Too Young

I miss you.

17797
Katharine Lindskog

To the one who left us too soon:

I like to believe that you are still with us. I don’t know exactly what I believe in, but I will never accept that you are gone. I like to think that you are in a better place, somewhere warm and sunny. Somewhere with a never-ending amount of puppies to play with, that’s the kind of place I hope you are enjoying. Personally, I hope the weather is a bit nicer than it is down here. I hope you get all the girls you could possibly dream of. And I hope they have an unlimited supply of pizza (but calories don’t count). God gained an angel, but I just wish he could have let this world have you for a little while longer.

It seems like yesterday that you were so full of life. I could never imagine anything taking away your smile, your laugh, or your ability to fight through life’s every obstacle. You fought hard every single day until your last. You did not live a second where your presence didn’t inspire another person. Death didn’t win, you did. You never let it get the best of you. You fought until your last breath.

I can’t help but focus on how unfair it is that you can no longer be here. I often find myself questioning if there was something differently that could have been done. I can’t fathom how someone could leave this world at such a young age. It just doesn’t seem fair to me. But, then I look around at all the lives you touched. I look around at all the people who were impacted by you in just a short amount of time. It may have been a short life, but it was an epic life.

I need you to know something. You are missed. You are so missed. Although you have only been gone for a short period of time, people have felt the lack of your presence. They have been trying to cope with the holes in their hearts that you left when you left this world. It is often said that people live on as long as they remain in the memory of those who loved them. You were loved by so many people. Your spirit shall live on through those who remember your endearing smile. Or the way your eyes lit up when you saw pizza. You will live on through the memories of you extending your kindness to anyone and everyone. And always letting your friends know how much you cared for them. You will never be forgotten.

I hope that wherever you are, you are reading this. I want you to know how much I miss you, and how much everyone misses you. I want you to know that you touched my life in a way that no one ever will again. Thank you for all the years of inspiration.

I will miss you until we meet again.

Love,

Your friend