An Open Letter To Myself, Concerning Faith

God has a reason for every season of our life even if we cannot see it for ourselves.

154

Maybe the empty pages of your journal were meant to be filled in this season of your life. Maybe this is the time where you write everything out, trying to understand the days that are ahead of you. Maybe this is the time when you pour your heart out to God, with the few words that you have, and all the tears that have been bottled up. God knows your heart, and He knows your deepest desires because, after all, He is the one who put them there. Take your fears and your hurts and lay them down. Learn to lay them down at the feet of Jesus. Surrender. Learn to surrender those feelings that you don't want holding you back anymore. God is there to take them from you and help you carry every burden that you have right now. Be thankful for this season that God has you in. Allow yourself to learn from it, and grow from it.

God has big things planned, that exceed our realm of understanding. He doesn't do anything on accident. That major change. It was on purpose.

God knows that you are going to be far more successful in a different degree, and even though it is scary right now. He is begging you to trust him. Because He knows that you will be happy with the outcome. Be thankful for the people in your life.

God has them all there for a reason.

The best friend you have? God knew that she was going to be able to help you grow in your relationship with God.

Your God daughters mom? God knows that He is going to use you in big ways in her life, and in the life of her daughter.

Don't give up when things get hard. The people in your ministry? Pour into them. Be a light in the struggles that they may face in college. You have a lot of life under your belt, that God is waiting for you to pour out into other people. Keep going. Keep trusting. Keep surrendering.

"You have definitely had your share of unknowns this past year, and at times you wondered how there could be any hope for this. But your ever-Loving God has kept you and He will continue to keep you, no matter the uncertainties you are faced with this season" — Morgan Harper Nichols