An Open Letter To My Third Grade/Favorite Teacher

Big hearts shape little minds, thank you for shaping my little mind to have a big heart one day.

55
Personal

There have been many classrooms that I have sat and learned it...but yours was one of my favorites. I have three absolute favorite teachers, but you have stuck out to me the most lately.

I am thankful for you.

Walking into that third-grade classroom, I never knew how much you would end up meaning to me. I was truly set on being a nurse the past 18 years of my life until I kept overthinking myself and thought to myself "I want to be as great as a teacher like Mrs. Mull." You changed my life and for that, I am forever thankful for you.

You are my 'teacher' hero.

Even after leaving your classroom 10 years ago, you have always checked in on me and also helped me with any decision I had to make for teaching. Even though I live a street over from you, we can keep an hour conversation in the grocery store and watching your girls come to our church and grow up is quite the adventure.

You helped shape me into the person I am today.

There have been many confusing days of trying to pick my major and the indecisiveness sets in for a little while, but I always think of you and how you've shaped me into loving teaching. I want a cute classroom with sweet kids to greet in the mornings. I want really cute cards and such hanging in my room from having kids give me gifts for Christmas and Valentine's Day. I also want my kids to feel safe at all times, but have fun at the same time.

I remember third grade like it was yesterday.

Not even joking Mrs. Mull, I remember it like it was yesterday because it was one of the best years of school. Remember that time the door knob fell off and we had to call the office because we were all trying to leave, but couldn't get out of the classroom due to not having a door knob? We were all best friends in that class, no one was left out because you made different groups each day to work with and that helped me become a social butterfly.

I hope this has cheered you up instead of making you cry! Thank you for being one of my biggest role models and also one of the greatest people that I know! I love you a ton and wish to be just like you one day!