An Open Letter To My Stepdad

An Open Letter To My Stepdad

We love you!

58
An Open Letter To My Stepdad
Personal

There are many people and things that I am very thankful for, but I am most thankful for the bond that I have with my stepdad. Even though you and mom are not legally married, I will continue to call you my step dad for all of the things that you have done for me and my family.

Thank you for your support.

You have been here in my life for fourteen years now and I couldn't imagine it without you. You have been there for softball, volleyball, and basketball games yelling at me from the stands. You have been to many of my academic accomplishments, scholarship days, and more. You have come to bubba's events as well and we are both thankful for the non-stop support from you. On my graduation day, you were trucking and you were late and they had already closed the doors so no one was allowed in and you politely told the lady at the front that you had drove overnight on a big truck just to make it to my graduation and you didn't care what she had to say because you were going to watch me walk across that stage...that is what I call real love of a step parent.

Thank you for all of the giggles.

Literally, thank you for knocking the door one day and saying it was 'John' and I did not know a John, so I went to mom for her to open the door and it was you. Then, I became Susie and bubba became Billy. You played the play station with us every Sunday night while we played the Midnight Club game where we had a steering wheel and pedals and you pressed to hard down on it and broke the pedals so we did not tell mom until later on. Every Sunday night you were there to take us to Gators to get us a nutty-butty and momma some milk when she became pregnant and that was our bonding time.

Thank you for treating us like your own.

You treat us as if we are your own kids and we are beyond thankful for that. You treat us in public as if we are your own and you have never treated us differently. If it were to become a decision you would have to make, you would consider us into that decision. You never fail to take us on vacation with you and always asking us if we want to go four-wheeler riding or to go do something extremely fun. Even as a step-daughter, not only you, but your entire family treats us exactly like my own family and I love that extremely much.

We love you. Not only are we thankful for you, but we are more thankful for all of the memories that you have spent with us, cherishing each moment with us. Thank you for absolutely everything, "John!" You are the absolute best!