An Open Letter To My Younger Sister

An Open Letter To My Younger Sister

Just in case you need to hear it today.

5384
An Open Letter To My Younger Sister
my mother

Dear sister,

When I was younger, I always prayed for a sister. I wanted someone that I could relate to, someone who looked up to me, someone I could boss around. And when you were born, I got most of that. You’re too hardheaded to let me boss you around, but besides that, you’re a pretty cool younger sister.

Even if I don’t say it enough, you’re a cool kid. I know you’ve gone through tough things in your life, but you try to not let it get the best of you. Instead, you try to use it to help others. You’re very generous to the people you care about, and I know that they appreciate it a lot. You’re strong and you fight for the things you believe in. You’re also very beautiful, both inside and out, both with and without makeup. There are many things about you that are great and that I’m excited to see grow and flourish in the years to come.

When you ask me for advice, I feel like I’m finally doing something right and like I could help someone at last. I feel like I’m doing this big sister thing right somehow. I love talking to you and hearing about your life, which, sadly, is probably more interesting than mine most of the time. You always make me laugh with our inside jokes and even your own jokes (some of the time).

No matter what happens or how old you get, just know that I’ll be right here for you and I’ll always want the best for you. I’ll always want to protect you from the people that try to hurt you, and I’ll probably always get mad if they do hurt you. But no matter what, you’re stuck with me, your favorite sister.

I’ll always be praying for you to find the things in life that will make you the happiest and for you to keep growing in love, in faith, and as a person.

I love you,

Your Big Sister