An Open Letter To My Scholarship Benefactor

Here is a thank you to the people that have helped me move one step closer to my dreams.

853
Odyssey

Dear benefactor,

As I began another college journey this I, I have found myself reflecting on my opportunity to attend higher education and why I chose this path. When beginning the college and career search 3 years ago, I was not just looking for a college degree that would get me a job, but rather I was looking for my life’s passion. Making my decision to attend Mount Aloysius College for Early Childhood Education was truly one of the greatest and life changing choices I have made. I cannot express how satisfying it is to attend college in pursuit of a career that I have dreamed of since I was young. I am certain that the life God wants me to live is that of an educator. I have a strong desire to make a difference in the world. It is said that education is the most power tool that can change the world. I aspire to be that change! I want to teach and involve students in learning. A teacher is a person who ignites student’s fire that fuels their thirst for knowledge, curiosity, and wisdom. I strive each day to become that teacher who will make a difference. Mount Aloysius College is the horizon of my starting point. This college is what has brought my dream closer to reality and I am all the more grateful. The reason I am here today is because of financial aid. I would not be able to afford higher education if it weren’t for the generous donors and scholarships I have received. I am very blessed and humbled to be given so much. So, here is a thank you to the people that have helped me move one step closer to my dreams.

I am from a family of six. I live with my three younger sisters and my mother and father. Both my parents only obtained High School Diplomas because they were not financially able to afford a higher degree. My parents have been my number one supporters and providers in my life. They have given me all the tools and resources I need in life. My parents were unable to go farther in their education but they are giving me an opportunity to. They know that I have the potential to do it and succeed.

Scholarship’s allow me to go farther and reach a higher potential as a student. It will also aid in my success and academic growth as the first in my family to attend a college. I have reached the age where my parents do not have to give to me anymore. It is time for me to give back to them. My parents have been providing and taking care of four dependent girls for a long time. They have been paying for schooling, bills, food, etc. My parent’s incomes together are not a high number. My family gets by with the money we are fortunate to have. I feel that I now have a responsibility as a college student and daughter to take some financial stress off of my family. I no longer want to be dependent on my parents. It is my duty to give back to my parents. A scholarship allows me to pay for college and eliminate my parents stress over more bills.

This fall I will be a junior in college and attending Mount Aloysius College for Early Childhood Education. I could not be more blessed to be able to pursue the career of my dreams. It means the world to me knowing that I can become the person that God has called me to be. All of this would not have been possible without your love and support.

Sincerely,

A thankful college student