An Open Letter To My SVSU Orientation Students

I hope you leave excited for whats to come!

166
SVSU//Facebook

Dear Baby Cardinals,

You've finally completed the final steps of becoming a cardinal. You registered for classes, learned about the various ways to get involved and hopefully made a friend or two along the way. Today is the first day of years of endless opportunities, you have the power to become someone you never thought you would. You have the power to change your mind, your major, and who you want to become. Here's a few things I hope you took away from Orientation.

I hope you had fun! Starting a new chapter in your life should be one of the most exciting things, but remember it's okay to be unsure and nervous. I hope you enjoyed the games we played, learning the fight song and meeting new people. The best part of my job is being able to pass on the cardinal pride I have into you. To hope that you are just as proud to be a cardinal as I am.

I hope you made a friend today! It's not always easy going into a group of people you don't know. But I hope that you found a person to call a friend. Don't be afraid to talk to the people in your classes, on your floor or even your professors. The more people you meet and become friends with the happier you will be.

I hope you found at least one RSO you want to join. Whether it's a club sport, to the optimistic club, to thinking about the possibility of Greek life! There are so many different groups on campus that do a multitude of different things. Go on the Engage page and explore! Don't be afraid to ask questions to me or other orientation leaders!

I hope your excited! College is a big step from the cost to level of difficulty in classes. I hope that you are excited for what's to come! To join a club, go to a football game, to meet your professors!

As you start you first year of college, don't be afraid to say hi if you see me in the halls or around campus! Being an orientation leader is the best job! And nothing excited us more than seeing our students fly!

Have a great year!

- Haley