An Open Letter To My Not-So-Little Little Brother

Because you're my built-in best friend.

26
An Open Letter To  My Not-So-Little Little Brother
Leigh Ann Bustard

Hey little dude, this one's for you!

Thank you for dealing with my craziness.

For all the times you sang along to old Hannah Montana songs with me in the car, for all the times you watched me laugh until I cry at the stupidest things, and navigating the GPS when I have no sense of direction, thank you. For all the times I would purposefully catch you off guard on Snapchat, and for dealing with my sugar rushes, thanks. For all the times I was able to be myself, thank you. Thank you for accepting me and being crazy right along with me. All the laughs we have shared is something I will always cherish.

Thank you for being my sidekick.

Thank you for being my automatic passenger on adventures. I'm always able to count on you and you are always there, ready whenever I need you. Everyone knows we are a package deal, and we are never really seen apart. Thank you for being by my side, no matter what's going on. Life is such a wonderful thing, but having you with me through it all makes it so much better.

Thank you for protecting me and looking out for me.

I really appreciate that you always making sure I am safe and comfortable. You're like my body guard, and I can't thank you enough for that.

Thank you for your endless support.

Whether it be another choir concert, musical, or awards ceremony, you're right there rooting me on with a smile on your face. Knowing you are so supportive has made me feel so loved, and I can't thank you enough for sitting through all of my events. Whatever I pursue, you are always there to back me up, and I love you for that.

Thank you for all of our memories, because there's a lot.

We are literally always together, and I will really miss that when I go off to college. I want you to know every moment I spend with you I cherish. Thank you for all the memories we share, because all we do is laugh when we are together. There's never a dull moment when we are together, and that's what I love about us.

I want you to know I am so so so proud of you.

No matter what you choose to pursue in life, I will be proud of you. I'm proud of the man you are already proving to be, and I am proud to call you my sister. You are such an amazing young man, and watching you become who you are has been such a blessing. You have become a leader, a thinker, and so compassionate. Even on days when you think of yourself as nothing, you need to remember that you are such an amazing person and that I believe in you wholeheartedly. I look up to you, and I will always admire you and who you are.

I love you.

I really can't put in words how much I really love you. I am beyond blessed to call you my brother. You are my built-in best friend, I am so grateful that I have you. Thank you, my not-so-little little brother, for you are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. God has truly blessed me by outing you in my life.