Open Letter To My New Sister-In-Law

Open Letter To My New Sister-In-Law

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it." He did.

5412
Open Letter To My New Sister-In-Law
Keyword

To the girl who married my brother:

First and foremost, I want to welcome you to our family as an official member. Yes, you have always been a part of us, but girl, your last name changed. He liked it so he went and put a ring on it (oh, oh, oh).

While I've said this before, I have always been nervous about my brother getting married, because he is my best friend. My greatest fear was him getting married and forgetting about and never spending time with me. In my eyes, we have always been close despite our six-year age difference. Yes, there were times when I wanted to hang out with his friends and he said no because he didn't want his pesky little sister around, but as we got older, I guess he began to realize that he was wrong (what else is new). While I held on to his fear for an extremely long time, I knew as I got older, that eventually, I would have to let go of it. This was the first time I met you.

I knew my brother had to marry someone special: someone perfect that would reconstruct his flaws and complement his strengths. I didn't think this girl existed, but then she walked through our front door. From the first time I met you, I told people that you were the girl my brother would marry. I had never seen him light up the way he did when you were around. Anyone and everyone could tell that what you have is real, genuine, and true. We are blessed to have you.

You have gone from being my brother's girlfriend to my friend, to his fiancé, to my best friend, and now you are my sister (you know I don't really like the in-law part). You have always been there for me and I will do the same in return. Thank you for the life advice, boy advice, laughs, tears, smiles, and everything in between. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. Thank you for loving my brother and making him the happiest he could be. I hope he does the same.

Welcome to the family. I love you more than you know.

Sincerely,

Your new little sister