A Letter To My Mom On Her Birthday

A Letter To My Mom On Her Birthday

From the child who loves her mom no matter what.

44528
A Letter To My Mom On Her Birthday

Hey Mom, Mama, Mommy, or whatever cool nickname I've come up with for you this time,

First and foremost, Happy Birthday.

There are no words to describe how much I wish I was there to celebrate with you. It’s weird not being able to see you and tell you in person, so a card and a phone call will have to do. I hope you have an amazing day, because you deserve it. You give up everything to see your children succeed, even if that means sending them halfway around the country to attend the college of their dreams, even if it means you don’t get to see them every other weekend with ease.

Happy Birthday to the mom who would much rather refuse gifts on her birthday for a chance to have her family all together. Happy Birthday to the mom whose caring attitude helped me through any hard times I encountered in my short lifetime. Happy Birthday to the mom who is filled with endless wisdom for random life incidents, and to the mom who picks up the phone no matter what to answer a stupid question like how much detergent to put in the washer, or how to drop a package off at UPS.

Happy Birthday to my number-one cheerleader, for sports, for academics, and for everything in between. Happy Birthday to the mom who knows me for exactly who I am, and accepts me for that. Happy Birthday to the mom who provided me with a great sibling, and another built-in best friend. Happy Birthday to the mom who drove me to school every day, and to practice three times a week, and who eventually taught me how drive myself to those places. Happy Birthday to the mom who gave up her own career to take care of her children that she loves dearly. Happy Birthday to the mom who is notorious for her distinctive “mom moves” on the dance floor that embarrass her children as well as make them laugh. Happy Birthday to the mom who was beautiful in her youth, and continues to be beautiful with age.

Happy Birthday to the mom who seems to be able to find anything that you can’t find or claim went missing. Happy Birthday to the mom who I wish I could shower with endless gifts of her choice because she deserves them. Happy Birthday to the mom who established so many traditions that I cherish and follow through with. Happy Birthday to the mom who went above and beyond to give me the opportunities I was blessed to have been a part of. Happy Birthday to the mom who was a great “momager” and always promoted me, accepting nothing less than greatness for her baby. Happy Birthday to the mom far, far away in my hometown, celebrating her birthday for the first time without her oldest. Happy Birthday to the mom who wishes nothing more than to see her first chicken that has flown the coop on her birthday, because that is celebration enough.

Happy Birthday to the mom from the child who wished nothing more but the best on her special day, and from the child who loves her mom no matter what.

From Your Site Articles