An Open Letter To My Irish Twin

An Open Letter To My Irish Twin

You may be taller, but I am still older by 11 months.

109
An Open Letter To My Irish Twin
Chelsea Holdsworth

Dear Little Brother,

Can I even call you that? You are almost a whole foot taller than me now. Growing up we did everything together, and I feel as time went on we grew into two totally different people. With that being said I want to take this opportunity to maybe embarrass you, but to tell you a few things that I feel as though you should know.

First I want to make sure you know that I love you. You mean a lot to me, whether or not it seems that way. Being so close in age, you have pretty much grown up with me all our lives. You are like a best friend who has always been there for me.

I know, like all siblings do, we fight, argue, and disagree, but you're a pain in my butt - what can I say! I know I drive you crazy, and I know you may think I am annoying, but that is because I am the complete opposite of you. Being Irish twins doesn't mean we are the same person. We have two totally different personalities which I think makes our relationship interesting.

I also want to say that I am very proud of you. I am proud of you not only for graduating high school, but for being award top of your class in your technical area. I am also proud of you for finally getting your license, getting an amazing co-op position, and getting accepted into every college you applied to. I cannot wait to see what you achieve in college.

Lastly, I want you to know that I will always be here if you need me. I know life is crazy, but I will always be there for you. I respect that there are some things you probably won't talk about with me, but when there comes a time where you need someone to talk to you can always talk to me. At the end of the day, we are family and no one can take that away from us.

Wow, this turned out to be more sappy then I intended, sorry. I just feel as though these are things I don't tell you often enough. Thank you for dealing with me, and making things a little more interesting. Thank you for taking pictures with me for my senior prom, and coming to my graduation (even though you were also there for your girlfriend). I think you are going to be very successful one day and I can't wait to see how that works out. College is going to be a whole new adventure for you.

Some advice, stay true to who YOU are. Don't change for anyone, but yourself. Do what makes YOU happy and stand up for what YOU believe in. There are people who are out there to hurt you and there are people out there who love you. Don't rush relationships, if it is meant to be it will happen.

Sincerely,

Your Big Sister