An Open Letter To My High School Graduating Class

One year later

72
Emily Bounds

" What a blessed privilege it was to not only be a high school graduate, but to have taken it in a ride with a vehicle such as this. To have had the experience that gave her confidence, took away her insecurities, and bolstered her self esteem. To be given the chance to lead, to follow. To have worked along side so many other wonderful people. To be something more."

The past year without you guys is something I never thought I'd experience. All I had known my whole life was all of you. We all have watched each other grow and change into our adult selves and so not having you around over the course of the year has been very different.

From kindergarten round up to our very last day of school you guys were always the ones I leaned on for advice, fun and laughter. So now that I've been away from you for so long I can't wait for the day where we are all reunited.

It's so awesome to know that I have so many people I consider my brothers and sisters because we have known each other pretty much our whole lives. There is nobody else who can relate to some of the crazy stuff we did together besides you all. From the pumpkin patch in kindergarten, the ninth grade class trip, and to our senior class trip makes me relize how very proud and lucky I am to say that I got to spend each of those lasting adventures with you guys. You never ceased to make any journey boring.

As we all begin to create our new lives away from the school we once spent more hours at than home I realize just how much you all mean to me. I once took for granted every day I got to spend with you. The countless hours we spent in class, lunch, and maybe even a few times in detention will be something I will always hold close to my heart. The stupid stuff we did in school, the pointless drama, and the insane bus rides were all worth getting to know all of you.

Each and everyone of the 36 people in my graduating class is very important to me. I created so many lasting memories with all of you. Whether we were super close or not I still enjoy the updates I see on your day to day life and it excites me to see all the accomplishments you have made since the last day I saw you.

I know that each of our lives are changing and we are all headed in very different directions. I also know that we can't stop time and my crazy bus days may get in the way of me telling you how much you mean to me. But if there is at any point in your life that you need someone, know that I will always be there for you. I'm so lucky that I got to grow up with you guys and I'm so grateful for all the memories we have created. I wish you all nothing but the best of luck in your futures, because I know if anyone can succeed in this crazy life, it's you guys.

Love always,

One of 36