An Open Letter To My Emotional Mother

An Open Letter To My Emotional Mother

Even though words are not enough to express the love I have for you.

18
An Open Letter To My Emotional Mother

Dear Mommy,

As I enter my senior year of high school, as I apply to colleges, as I graduate, I know you get emotional. I'm your baby, I'm your first born. How could I be growing up so fast? I know it's sad that I'm beginning to find my way in the world without you. But I want you to know, that as I start doing things on my own, I will always need you. I will always need your hugs, advice, support, and unconditional love. I want you to know that no matter how far away I go, no matter what I do in life, you will always be the most important woman to me.

You were always the first person I came to when I was little. You still are, and you always will be. I know that I can always come to you with anything that I need, and I want to thank you for that. Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder whenever I need to. Thank you for working ungodly hours to give me the amazing life that I have. Thank you for listening to me. Thank you for supporting me, from cheering for me at my dance recitals when I was little, to helping me find a perfect college.

As I get older, I find more of your qualities in me, and I am so lucky because I admire you so much. I admire the strong, kind, selfless, and beautiful woman that you are. I hope that one day I can be the mom that you are.

Don't be sad that I'm growing up. Be happy that you made someone that you and I can be proud of.

(And remember, you still have two other kids. Good luck!)

Love always,

Your little girl