An Open Letter To My Best Gal Pal

An Open Letter To My Best Gal Pal

You are my person.

104
An Open Letter To My Best Gal Pal

Dear number one,

First of all, I just want you to know that I am truly flattered that people basically mistake us for a couple on nearly every occasion. Clearly, people see the very close bond that we have, and to me, that means our friendship is so very full of love, exclusivity and openness. Other than that, I have two words to say to you: thank you. I am limited to those two words when trying to describe just how appreciative I am for you. There are truly not enough words in the human language to cover the amount of things you do for me, and I need you to know that. I’ve always considered myself very lucky to have found you, because I don’t know how I would’ve made it through life this far without you.

My whole being fills with anxiousness when I think of being so far away from you for such extended periods of time. I’m so used to your company at least five days of the seven day week. What am I supposed to do when you live more than five minutes down the road? What if I need someone to go get food with me because I don’t want to eat alone? What about when some idiotic boy breaks my heart? Who am I to go to then?

You’ve grown to be a part of me that I simply cannot live without. Whoever is marrying you is going to have to accept the fact that I’m just going to be a part of the relationship, and the same goes for whoever becomes my man. He’s going to have to be okay with the fact that two hours of your day will be dedicated to phone calls with me and vice versa. You are my rock and my confidante. Without you, I fall into little pieces. So you can’t go away, OK?

You have wiped my tears and held me while I cried. But even in the midst of all of my pain and sorrow, you have always been able to make me laugh and find a hidden smile. Not everyone is lucky to have someone like that, and that's why I can’t help but brag about you. I know it seems impossible for one person to be another’s whole entire support system, but you are mine. I’m somehow pretty confident that if I didn’t have you, I’d never leave my bed or my house or socialize. I’d kind of just be a big blob.

Let’s be real for a second. Who else is going to drive with me when I’ve gone to the Qdoba at school four days in a row, so I need to travel 25 minutes to go to the second closest one just to get my favorite quesadillas? No one else. That’s why I have you (and for many more other important reasons unrelated to food). I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m incredibly lucky to have you. I know we may both find our “Prince Charmings” at some point in our lives, but I will always know who my real soulmate is (it’s you, in case you didn’t get that). “One day, love and friendship met. Love asked, ‘Why do you exist when I already exist?’ Friendship smiled and said, ‘To put a smile where you leave tears.’” There is nothing like the love of a friend, and I am so lucky that you will always (and I mean always) put a smile on my face when someone leaves me in tears.

Love always,

Your best friend