An Open Letter To My 16 Year Old Self

An Open Letter To My 16 Year Old Self

A few things I want you to know.

320
An Open Letter To My 16 Year Old Self
Jekyah Mick

Dear 16 year old me,

I want you to know you deserve endless love, and that starts with you loving yourself. As you transition into adulthood, you will learn who you are and what measures you would go to in order to protect that. You will probably never have it completely figured out but nonetheless, you will persist.

Live fearlessly. Take giant leaps of faith as you dance your way through the streets of life. Do not let your youth waste away by wanting to grow up. You'll have plenty of time to be an old lady, don't you worry.

Love as hard as you work. Do not be afraid of loss. After all, they say it is better to have loved & lost. Even when you're unsure, one thing you can never do is lose yourself.

Stay true to who you are, even on those days you think you hate that person. Remember that she is all you've got. Some days you will feel like you're on the moon and other days you shine like the sun.

Some days you will feel as small as the grains of sand themselves and other days you will be the raging storm.

Laugh effortlessly. Light rooms as you enter them, and never allow anyone to dim your light.

Make mistakes, forgive yourself, and allow room to heal. Take the higher road, live your best life and if you can, and help someone else live theirs along the way.

Sincerely,

Your 20 year old self