An Open Letter to Kris Kringle

An Open Letter to Kris Kringle

A Message to the Man Himself

183
An Open Letter to Kris Kringle
North Pole Marathon

Santa Claus
325 S. Santa Claus Lane
North Pole, Alaska 99705

Dear Santa,

Throughout my childhood I looked up to you. Every year, a new hope that I could make it big with a pile of glowing Christmas presents. Every year, you delivered (to the best of your ability.) For that, I thank you. This year, however, I have a new request for you. You are no longer receiving this letter from a boy who wanted the newest video game or a pile of trading cards. You now are hearing from a concerned young adult. “Things” have not been all that well lately. At least for those around me they haven’t.

Though I have much joy in my heart at the moment, there are unfortunate events happening around me I would like to bring to your attention. The issue on the table is the non-stop stress and aggravation of daily life. All too much I view fighting and bickering between family members, and stress on my friends caused by others. My parents are much older now, and everyone reaches their breaking point at some time. They pour out their utmost support, work hard, and yet I still find myself ungrateful.

Sometimes I can let my desires blind me. I believe in my head that they are trying to stomp on my dreams, when in reality they are simply concerned that their first born will be consumed by the ever increasing hold that our country's monetary system has on on young adults who want to fulfill that dream. For that I am sorry, the heart wants what the heart wants

On the other end, I find my friends stressed by almost every aspect of life; the application process, conflicting schedules, work, they even have to deal with “hate groups” formed for the sole reason that some people have enough time on their hands to hold a grudge. These people work hard, and do not deserve such treatment, whether at the hands of other young adults or their employers.

So here’s what I am asking for this year. My request is that you use your holiday magic to bring back the happiness I once knew as a child. Return that stress-relieving time of year which is supposed to be spent with the people whom you love.

Basically what I am asking is that you deliver happiness and prosperity to everyone who really deserves it. No one deserves to have stress this time of year. Sure there is work and school and those will not leave, but it is the added comments and insults that people make about each other that further pushes the spirit of the holidays away.

Though I am quite old to be writing to you, I still hope you can deliver just as you did when I was a child. I will hold true to my part. Please hear this request.

Sincerely,

A boy who still wants to believe