An Open Letter To My Bed

An Open Letter To My Bed

The thank you it deserves

7
An Open Letter To My Bed
Brielle Toff - Facebook

Hi... Do you miss me as much as I miss you?

I wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done for me throughout these past nineteen years. When I’ve had a rough day, you’re there. On days when I feel like I have no one, you’re there. You’re there for me when it’s 2:30 in the morning and everyone else is asleep. When I want to snuggle up and watch some Netflix, you’re there for me. There hasn’t been a time in my life where you haven’t been there for me, and I can’t thank you enough for that.

When I’m in math class, and the material is the last thing on my mind, it’s because you’re the first thing on my mind. I know that when the hour and fifteen minutes is over and done with, you’d be there for me. I appreciate you immensely for that. It’s a really reassuring feeling to be able to know that when I’m done math class, AKA the most horrifying thing in my life at this moment, that you’d be there for me with open arms to comfort me.

As someone who has a very significant relationship with sleeping, you can be my best friend at some points in my young-adult life. Being 19-years-old, sleep is my solution to everything. I sleep when I’m sad, when I’m happy, when I’m stressed. I take at least a nap a day, and I sleep through the night. When I’m having issues while trying to adult, I think of you and the times we share together… When I’m sleeping and surrounded by you. I know that when the going gets tough, I can come back to you, my friend, my support system, my shoulder to cry on, to sleep it all off

Not only that, but you’ve also seen every possible side of me. You’ve seen my cry when I’m feeling lonely, you’ve seen me giddy when it’s 3:00am and I can’t bring myself to get off Buzzfeed, you’ve seen me angry when something bothers me and I come scream into my pillow. You’re always there to keep me warm, to keep me comfy when I’m feeling ill, and to stick by my side when I’m not in the mood to deal with anyone else. IN all honesty, you probably know me better than I know myself.

I wish there was a way for me to thank you personally… If only there was something I could give you to express my gratitude towards you. You mean the world to me, and honestly, I don’t think I’d be able to adult without the constant reminder I give myself that no matter what I can always come home to you. You’re my everything, I’ve always been about you, and I will always be about you. You mean the world to me, my precious bed, and I wouldn’t have made it this far without you. I’m so glad I have something like you in my life, something that makes getting out of bed every morning so hard.

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan