An Open Letter To My Camp Friends

An Open Letter To My Camp Friends

I'll never forget this and i miss that... i'd go back in a heartbeat
10

The time at camp is nothing like it is here back at home

and i'm sure you can easily identify with that

life here is crazy and jam packed

i miss the times where it was Monday morning and we would all be waiting at the drop off zones for the kids that were going to be with us for the next week

i miss the times where it would be Thursday morning and all of our kids are yelling and screaming and we're dreaming about coffee

i miss the Friday night bonfires where we would hear everything that our kids learned through out the week

i miss the baked oatmeal that was oh so scrumptious to my belly

sometimes i wish that i could be back at camp where is was crazy... but crazy fun

sometimes i sit in the cafeteria on campus paranoid that someones going to make me ride a broom into a lake

sometimes i wake up wondering whose vomit i'm going to clean up tonight or whose blood sugar needs checked

and i honestly miss that

life at camp was hard, but the memories will never be forgotten

ill never forget my support staff tackling me in the lake

ill never forget the stupid kitchen staff dumping my mountain dew jug out

ill never forget the movie runs on Saturday's

ill never forget that look of pure evil in some of the campers that wanted to throw me into the lake

ill never forget the undeserved love that i received from the boys assigned to my cabin

ill never forget the God moments

ill never forget the bonds that i made with my high school boys

ill never forget the guy in my cabin that accepted Christ outside the animal barn

i'd go back in a heartbeat

but God has me here, back at home

so as an encouragement to my brothers and sisters who served with me this summer

enjoy where you are now

i understand it is hard

i understand college life sucks sometimes

but God doesn't make mistakes

always remember that.

I miss you all.

In Christ,

(Counselor) Isaac Anderson