Para Toda Las Mujeres (For All My Women)

We ain't here for nothin'.

16
Red Bubble

Being plus-size is probably the best thing my mother has given to a tall hourglass like myself. I say this with experience and nothin' else.

I say this with pride knowin’ I come from a long line of women with curves and attitude, with brown and white skin.

Yeah, them broad and strong-ass chins.

The bones in our bodies, the triumph and struggles we carry on our backs,

There is no room for pity, no room for hesitance, no room for anything that lacks.

With long legs that stretch from village to ocean.

Breasts that can be a weapon and a blessing, each in our own motions.

Arms to carry the weight we willingly carry for others, then us. But it should be us first.

Careful now, 'cause all that beauty in one phenomenal human being might just burst.

Broad shoulders that support our worth and keep our heads up—never down, for we do not plan to trip on the dirt that’s been thrown at us for so long.

Woman! Mujer! You know they can’t help but make a song.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F07%2F29%2F636053497254371725-1658231991_tumblr_ob1d6s59YF1s9rx9zo2_500.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=229&h=0742163ca8f0dfa4dff980551172758f72b59c33c9b6692e7f4f5fd3291a614b&size=980x&c=3394663640 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F07%252F29%252F636053497254371725-1658231991_tumblr_ob1d6s59YF1s9rx9zo2_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D229%26h%3D0742163ca8f0dfa4dff980551172758f72b59c33c9b6692e7f4f5fd3291a614b%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3394663640%22%7D" expand=1]

For the women that are of smaller stature whose voices are here. They. Are. Here.

Lips that are used for havin’ a voice, usin’ the voice, for love and hate. Never to disappear.

For the bodies they are aware of as soon as they look down to their toes, and all the way up to their hair.

Their hearts are fragile and ferocious, with plenty of fire and more than enough gentle care.

Every freckle, every mark, every insecure aspect, listen to the mothers before you and recognize that you are a classic.

With defiance on our side and patience as our shield, trust that we are always ready for any kind of battlefield.

We are legends. We are spirits that guide the younger versions of us.

It’s no wonder the Virgin Mary or whomever you see, gives us her undivided trust.

Women are today, women are tomorrow. The strength we exude comes from our sorrow.

Our laughs, our hips, our eyes, our shades of color, our preferences on who to love, our truest selves...

We have the ability to define and say “Look, judge, love and hate all you want because I, 'cause we, have and always will be here."

Just one of the things we have to say, and let's not end it there...