Hey Dude,

There is not a day that goes by that I do not joke around about me “reminiscing” on the days you were not in our family yet. And yeah, maybe being number one kiddo new to the family was the coolest. I think I have always assumed the stereotypical role of big sister. Playfully beating up on the younger brother and being the cooler older sibling. I remember shoving you around 85% of the time. The other 15% was spent trying to dress you up in a dress and heels (I was ONCE even successful). I know that in our childhood I was, most of the time, aggressive towards you and you would annoy me the most of anyone I know. I am sure I was one of your least favorite people.

All that being said, I was never not happy to have you as my little, kid brother. You are the coolest person I know. From sucking at youth soccer to killing it out on that lacrosse field, know that I am always proud of you and your accomplishments. I will always think of you as the little brother that tried to follow me in my footsteps and failed, but made his own path on his own because he is so much cooler than me.

You are the most kind-hearted person I know. You wonder what I am feeling and sometimes you don’t even ask you just try to make me feel better even when I am having none of it. Not to mention that whenever a boy is being psychotic you always back me up and you always seem to make me feel supported. And you have always been the greatest supporter of me.

What I do not think you know is how I have always thought of you and how I will always think of you. I will always make sure that no girl in this world could ever hurt you. I will always make sure that you know that no one can replace your biggest fan because even though it does not always seem that way. I always support you in your decisions and the decisions you have to make in the future regarding where you decide to go to college and who you decide to get married to (as long as I can be the best man and make you cry at your wedding).

You are the person I want to make jokes with because you laugh at me even when I make lame jokes. You are the person I want to tell my boy issues to because you hate them just as much as I do. You are the person I want to tell my secrets to because you keep them locked away for me and then later we can talk about them at family dinners. You are one of the best people I have in my life.

But enough about feelings, I will always try to be cooler than you (even though it probably does not work). I will always “despise” lacrosse. I will always try to embarrass you even though it almost seems nearly impossible at this point. I will always still try to dress you up, even though it is probably not a dress and heels this time. Even though you are only my little brother, you are coolest person ever… because you have me as a big sister. Just kidding… kind of.