Why Amy Schumer Is The Best Comedian Of All Time

She truly has no competition.

428
Celebuzz

This past year, one woman rose to fame rapidly by making people all over laugh uncontrollably. Amy Schumer is, hands down, the funniest woman in the comedy realm. If you don’t believe that Amy Schumer is one of the best comedians out there, this article will definitely change your mind.

She’s a Woman of Many Talents

Amy Schumer’s talents don’t stop at stand-up comedy. First off, Schumer really started doing stand-up comedy about 10 years ago. Her career really lifted off when she was a contestant on the show Last Comic Standing. After many different gigs with many different shows, Schumer began creating her own comedy sketch show for Comedy Central. This show, Inside Amy Schumer, is about to be in its fourth season. It contains comedy sketches, music videos, and her own personal stand-up. After gaining popularity, Amy Schumer began writing her own screenplay for a feature-length movie. She not only wrote the movie but also starred as the lead in this movie, Trainwreck. Amy Schumer is a comedian, a musical performer, a writer, a producer, and an actress. And somehow she’s flawless being each one.

She’s real

She isn’t a fake famous chick lying to her fans to make herself look good. Recently, Schumer was called ‘plus-size’ by Glamour magazine. Instead of ignoring it, Schumer expressed her concern and frustration with being called a plus-size woman when she runs about a size 6 to 8. If a size 8 is considered plus-size, how might women who wear a size 16 feel? Schumer spoke up about her feelings on the issue. In addition, Schumer adds a lot about her personal life into her comedy shows. On April 7th, Schumer came to the Santander Arena in Reading, PA where she showed the audiences pictures of her sister and herself to explain what she meant in some of her jokes. Many times comedians fabricate stories for comedic effect. While I’m not saying Schumer has never done this, it’s also obvious many of stories are truthful and honest. She finds parts of her own life to comment on and mock in her comedy shows.

She’s bold

Schumer says things we all think but are way too afraid to say. That’s part of the reason why her jokes make us laugh. The raunchiness of her comedy makes her a bold comedian. It’s something we all can appreciate in a world filled with censorship and conservatism. She tells it like it is which is nice in a world that sugarcoats everything and tries its best not to offend anyone. Yes, some of her jokes can be shocking, I’ll agree. But those are those jokes you can enjoy the most. Being a comedian is difficult. There have been thousands before you who might have already used the same material you want to use. By talking about the things people don’t want to say and telling it like it is, Schumer comes up with some original, unique content that makes people laugh so hard their stomachs hurt.

So next time you’re browsing YouTube or Netflix trying to find something to watch, look up Inside Amy Schumer or find some of her stand-up. I promise you won’t be disappointed.