12 Signs You're A Movie Buff

12 Signs You're A Movie Buff

When you watch movies, do you observe them through aspects, or by their words? Do you make personal associations with the one's you've enjoyed or disliked? Do you see its purpose or meaning? Does it inspire you? Does it bring back nostalgia of a particular time in your life? How did the movie make you feel, in general?

5574
12 Signs You're A Movie Buff
YouTube

If you have stuck with these somewhat boring questions, you are a movie buff. To further continue, let's go to how you are you:

1. You Watch It Once– Okay, Maybe Twice.

Let's face it. Movies are very entertaining to us. So entertaining that we could watch it over and over again, with people you know criticizing your movie choices. And, this is where you choose to be living your own “dream.”

2. You Try To Get That Lazy Friend To Watch It, Too.

When a movie is either so good that you feel the need to share it with your friends. Though, be mindful, some people aren't us. Just don’t get too upset (if they turn down your weekly recommendation lists).

3. You Speak That Film's Language– Literally.

You may remember a film's memorable quote that deeply touched you, or you may have already memorized many films' scripts. You might think of a particular movie scene in your mind when you basically do or see anything. I'm just saying, not trying to overwhelm you or anything. Mean Girls, anyone?

4. You Know Every Name In Hollywood.

Memorizing names in real life can be overwhelming– for some. But, I was the kid who owned a Portable DVD Player and had it in each and every pillow fort I had ever built. Even on my Hybrid VCR/DVD players, I would always have my DVD books laying in front of me, along with multiple tapes in my drawers.

5. You Cannot Pick A Favorite Movie– Ever.

No matter how hard we try to answer this question, it always changes. Because the TV speaks to you. You would have to watch a ton of movies, like myself, in order to understand that there is no such thing as one favorite– at least in my movie-book. And, speaking of favorites....

6. Blockbuster Was Your Favorite Place On Earth.

Oh, I know– I said Blockbuster. Have you heard of that place? Well, if you've lived at the time where there were Blockbusters on each block, and went there almost all of your time, those $7 rentals were worth it. Especially, when you had those fees coming, you did not really care because why would you want a movie for just a day anyway? I was just a kid, but I remember those times so vividly, as well as all the memories I would not take back for anything in this world.
And, in my opinion, Redbox will just never be the same– sorry Redbox.

7. You'd Rather Watch That Movie Alone

Some like to watch movies with others, however, some do not. There are two kinds of people in our world: people who find movies as their own distraction & people who are found as distractions to your movies. If you are a movie buff, at times, you are selfish in this department– or even picky with whom you'd like to share your movie time with. This brings me to the next part of the list.

8. If You Put On That Really Amazing Movie For Someone Other Than Yourself To Watch, You Really Care About That Person.

And, what's even worse? You're constantly worried about if they will get the movie or even watch it like you would expect them to. Guess what? Never expect someone to like something equally as you because whenever you expect things, the outcome is usually the opposite. It's worth the try, though. You never know until you give it a chance, I guess.

9. You Are A Geek– Be Proud Of It.

And if you're wondering what I am referring to when I say you are a ‘geek,’ you should know already. I know this seems silly, but, I always had an ear for music as well. Moreover, I would watch so many films, as well as all the awards and festivals just to see the winners on each category of the films I watch. I love listening to a film's score like no other. It really is beautiful how a score is composed. Any adaptations from our history, as well as any time period to make a film original. As a writer, an artist, a movie buff, and an overallpantomath at heart, I am proud that there are others similar to me. Keep watching those movies that you like so much and do not let anyone stop you.

10. What Is A Genre, Anyways?

When you are a movie buff, there probably isn't a genre out there that doesn't contain a movie you dislike. When it comes to horror, in my opinion, I did not like it at first until I really watched a couple films and grew a deep liking for some. And believe me when I say this, you will never know what types of movies interest you unless you try them. Do not say you hate thrillers, for example, when you haven't really seen enough thrillers yet. Each genre is different, and entails a different meaning through categories of interest. Explore them!

11. Movies, In Fact, Educate Us.

Whether it is learning from a movie that was based on an adaptation from a novel, or entails true events of our time, we learn from them. Moreover, you may even relate to them. If you watch films of various time periods, you can see how advanced our cinematic documentations have really become– and you can always go back to them, like a time machine.

12. It's Our Way Of Life.

Just to escape our reality for a few hours, or to simply sleep to them on repeat, count us in. We ignite against the feelings we begin to experience after watching as well. Those feelings could be either nostalgic, or provoke our future ambitions.
Whether or not these feelings are consistently felt after watching a film, you know you will find more in your life that will inspire you,

no matter what you do.

It's just how our inner movie buff works.

From Your Site Articles