There is no doubt that West Virginia University students love their school, and are proud to call themselves Mountaineers. Mountaineers are so proud, that our band is called the "The Pride." So how do you know if you're a true blue, (and gold) Mountaineer? Well, if these items sound familiar, you are definitely a sincere Mountaineer.
1. You see Blue and Gold and think of ways to incorporate it into School Spirit attire.
Admit it, no matter where you are out shopping, if you find a gold scarf, you cannot help but think of how school spirited it will look with your navy vest.
2. You get a surge of excitement when the WVU cookies come out.
Those cookies are delicious, so it's okay if you pick up two or three, or twenty when you see them.
3. Selfie-ing with President Gee and, the Mountaineer himself, are on your college to-do list.
Who doesn't want a picture with the most iconic people at WVU?
4. You get your video on the WVU Snapchat Story.
There is no feeling like checking Snapchat and seeing that around 3k people have viewed your story. It is like becoming an instant campus celebrity.
5. Even seeing the PRT gives you a little bit of anxiety.
It doesn't matter if you're walking towards it for a ride or passing the tracks on the way to your class, seeing the PRT and remembering that time when you were stuck on it, or missed that big test, gives everyone a feeling of dread.
6. You take a picture of Woodburn Hall during every season.
The iconic building seems to flood WVU students' Instagrams. Perhaps it is the old architecture or the way it lights up at night. Regardless, we love its aesthetic.
7. Cliff bars and Smartwater become your daily choice of carry-along snack.
We can buy them at Bits & Bytes with our meal plans, and they are the perfect grub for those days where us students just cannot seem to find the time for a lunch break into between classes.
8. You cringe at the thought of walking up the Life Science Steps.
We all know there is nothing like the amount of sweat on your clothes after walking up them in the fall semester, or, how lovely it feels to be so out of breath.
9. You know all of the words of "Country Roads," forwards and backward.
The theme song of West Virginia has been played at every football game for decades. West Virginia native, or, not you cannot help but sing that song at the top of your lungs, surrounded by fellow WVU fans.
10. Hearing the word "pride" instantly makes you think of "The Pride of West Virginia."
The band's performances are so much fun to watch, and hearing so many people reference "The Pride," all around campus, no wonder word association takes over!
11. People say, "let's go," suggest to leave and you respond instantaneously with "MOUNTAINEERS!"
That phrase was carved into our minds' within the first hour of touring the school. It is purely instinct to respond with our beloved chant.
If any of these things apply to you, you should absolutely call yourself a genuine Mountaineer! Nothing is wrong with the amount of pride us Mountaineers have... LET'S GO!