American Horror Story Season Six Review

American Horror Story Season Six Review

Roanoke, or I would rather choke?

3
American Horror Story Season Six Review
AHS/Screen Rant

American Horror Story has been my favorite show since it came out back in 2011. While it has been going on for what is now six seasons, and is renewed for a seventh, everyone's ratings for the seasons are different. My rating is: Murder House, Asylum, Freakshow, Hotel, Coven, and then finally Roanoke, let me just say I am definitely not a huge fan of this season for a couple of different reasons.

Now since the very first season is my favorite, it comes to no surprise I don't like change. American Horror Story comes with it iconic opening credits, so imagine my surprise when this season didn't have it. Those of you who watch the show know what I am talking about with the creepy opening song and a preview of what the show might have in it. It has been in five out of six seasons, so why take it out now? Instead of this, the only opening credit we get is the black and white photo that just says 'American Horror Story'. As well as this bland opening, we also get a screen that says 'My Roanoke Nightmare' with a burning tree every couple of minutes. Annoying, please stop with this nonsense and put back the iconic opening credits. Please. Also, why is it we are in the third episode of the season and still have yet to see Evan Peters?

Another thing that is different with this season is the fact that it is in a documentary type format. So we have two actors playing the same character. One set playing the 'real' people that are telling the events that happened and one set that is playing the dramatized characters who show what happened. While it is understandable that creator Ryan Murphy did it in this format since it is based on true events, I hope that with season seven it will all go back to the original way because not all viewers like to watch documentaries.

One thing has stayed the same and that is Ryan Murphy will definitely give the horror factor, so us American Horror Story fans won't be disappointed there.