7 Reasons Amazon Prime Is A Lifesaver For College Students

You'll wonder how you lived without it.

252
Amazon

When you finally become a college student, there are a few things that you realize pretty quickly. The first thing is that you have to learn how to juggle lots of homework, and the second is that you also have to learn to budget.

Time and money are two things college students typically don't have a lot of, but there are resources to help you get around those problems.

Amazon Prime is something college students love to use because it's such a lifesaver. If you've never been a Prime member, becoming one while you're a student is something you should check out, especially because as a student, you get it FOR FREE for the first 6 months.

Amazon Prime can start helping you today. You'll have less stress to deal with and more energy to focus on important things like passing classes and having fun with your friends.

1. Free 2-Day Shipping

Okay, so this is a perk for Prime members in general, but it's especially great for students. Fast shipping is a must when you're dealing with homework deadlines and a tight schedule.

Maybe you find yourself needing a poster board for a last minute assignment, or you've run out of food during the week when you don't have time to go to the grocery store.

Amazon Prime comes with free 2-day shipping, so you don't have to overpay for shipping on the things you need the most. Don't worry about searching around town for project supplies or cramming a shopping trip in before that big Greek life event. Amazon will ship you what you need in less than 48 hours, so sit back and take a second to relax. Amazon's got you covered.

2. “College Deals"

Occasionally, Amazon will post special discounts exclusively for college students under their College Deals page. These discounts can be for almost anything. What do college students need?

Amazon will get you money off on computers, personal care products and even the newest video games. Check your email once you sign up for reminders about what the latest deals are!

3. So Many Movies, TV Shows and Music to Stream

Let's face it, students love to procrastinate, and there's no better way to do so than to binge watch awesome shows like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Parks and Rec or Mr. Robot. Prime Video has an endless list of shows and movies for you to pick from, and for an extra $0.99 a month, students can also get unlimited music, ad free.

4. Free Online Storage

The last thing you want to happen after working on multiple essays or projects for midterms or final exams is to have your computer crash. You'd lose all your hard work, and you may not have time to redo it all. As a Prime Student, you get unlimited photo storage and five gigabytes of space on Amazon Drive. Upload your projects, pictures and files to the drive so you can make sure they're turned in on time.

5. Textbook Trade-Ins for Gift Cards

At the end of each semester, students have plenty of books to get rid of, so trade them in on Amazon as a Prime Student and receive up to 80 percent back in Amazon gift cards. This isn't for students who want to sell their books for cash, but you can use your Amazon gift cards to buy whatever you need, including books for the coming semester, so they're almost as good as cash.

6. Free Stuff

Let's face it: college students' favorite words in the English language are "free stuff", and Amazon is offering product samples especially for students. You could get anything from snacks to beauty products delivered straight to your dorm for free. Who can say no to that?!

7. Free First, Then Just $59/Year for Students

Don't see that price tag and convince yourself that you can't afford Prime even if you'd love to use the perks. When you sign up with an active student email account, Amazon waives your membership fee is waived for the first six months. That gives you time to get what you need and save up later. Work a summer job or do yard work for a couple of weekends and you'll have your $59 in no time.

Getting through college is a financial struggle, which is why you should always look at all your options when it comes to saving money. With Amazon Prime Student, the choice is obvious! By spending $59 a year (and getting six months free!), you'll get discounts on many of the things you need while you're at school. You'll have it all shipped for free and get free TV streaming and space on Amazon Drive. Don't waste another minute—sign up and take advantage of Amazon Prime Student before you graduate!

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.